Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Default RE: DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**

ORIGINAL: micowave

[hr]

I would not recommend anyone to buy the 2008 Lancer. The car I bought, 1st the A/C does not work the first day , they have to replace it. 2nd the upgraded stereo is SH*T because it doesnt even pick up the regular FM stations clearly! 3rd the lens on the fog lights just cracked. I mean what kind of sh*t car does Mitsubishi make now a days. I NOW KNOW WHY THEY OFFER SUCH A LONG WARRANTY PROGRAM, NOT BECUASE THEY WANT TO ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS, ITS BECUASE THEIR CARS ARE BADLY BUILT.

For the 5 days I had my car it was in the shop for2 days. So you think about if you want to buy a Mitsubishi now. I bought my car from the Vancouver Mitsubishi dealership, and the sales manager said that its 'normal' for things like this to happen. He said it happens in like 1 in 20 cars. So I would not buy a Mitsubishi at all, you mightget the1 in 20 car like me. I have to bring it back to the dealer again to fix it. They have to replace like everything, I think they should just replace the car[/align]
Read the underlined/bold, isnt that an oximoron.lol. Why would a company warrant your car for 10 years if they knew it was gona be breaking through out its lifetime? the point being, like said before is that mitsu is confident in their cars, and so am I. Your probably just an odd ball case, or may be you made this up, either way it doesnt make me loose faith in mitsu not one bit.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:29 AM

This car rocks....I picked up the ES with a sports package and opted out of the paddle shifter. I found that this car is built much better than before. The body seems heavier and steadier. The looks are the best to date...It looks like a Nissan Skyline GTR!! The torque fir a 150bhp car is quite strong for Bone stock. I just can't wait till i fix it up..=) I traded my 06' Tacoma Prerunner for it today!!

Old 07-06-2007, 11:48 AM

If you are not clear what a lemon is than you shouldn't be buying cars period. EVERY single manufacturer goes through things like this. From Land Rovers - KIA's.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:20 PM

i wouldnt talk **** about mitsu because i own one and im a very big fan of them i dont even have a fast one well not yet but watch your mouth because you might pi$$ some people off so i would jus watch what you say.

[/align]

Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bras_33

ORIGINAL: micowave

[hr]

I would not recommend anyone to buy the 2008 Lancer. The car I bought, 1st the A/C does not work the first day , they have to replace it. 2nd the upgraded stereo is SH*T because it doesnt even pick up the regular FM stations clearly! 3rd the lens on the fog lights just cracked. I mean what kind of sh*t car does Mitsubishi make now a days. I NOW KNOW WHY THEY OFFER SUCH A LONG WARRANTY PROGRAM, NOT BECUASE THEY WANT TO ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS, ITS BECUASE THEIR CARS ARE BADLY BUILT.

For the 5 days I had my car it was in the shop for2 days. So you think about if you want to buy a Mitsubishi now. I bought my car from the Vancouver Mitsubishi dealership, and the sales manager said that its 'normal' for things like this to happen. He said it happens in like 1 in 20 cars. So I would not buy a Mitsubishi at all, you mightget the1 in 20 car like me. I have to bring it back to the dealer again to fix it. They have to replace like everything, I think they should just replace the car[/align]
That sucks man, so far I am happy with mine

Same is mine even though it is a 04 what you said it happens to 1 in 20 and I race mine to it limits and then some and for it being all stock (but the rear speakers) nothing had happen to it

Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Repins your car looks like it's gonna Transform..

Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 PM

repins,

i must agree with AKILEZ, SICK!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:56 PM

I bet you got my favorite performance Exhaust on your car.

HKS?
How about the SRI... Is it Fujita?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 AM

I don't know what your talking about, I have a 2008 Lancer GTS, and it is one of the nicest, and cleanest car I've seen on the road. It is a very nice and fun car to drive.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

well i know plenty of people that hate their fords...and ford fanatics that are half stupid and make excuses for all the problems lol.
The same can be said by any brand loyal person though. I'm a domestic fan myself (Mopar), but the cooperation between Mitsubishi and Chrysler is my "comfort reason" for buying a Mitsu, lol

A buddy of mine works at a Honda dealership and he says they are the worst. No matter what breaks on their cars, the owners believe it is still the most reliable thing on the road and put the blame on something else, lol

Quick Reply: DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**