Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

honnest opinion please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Default honnest opinion please!

hey guys , im looking for a new car and I have 2 cars that that ended up in my choice

The mazda 3 2009 (GS MODEL)
Mitsubishi Lancer 2009 (GT or GTS)

Right now the prices are about the same , I didnt check the mitsu for the insurances , but they are offering me a fair price for the Mazda .

Now , I do a lot of milleage like 40000 a year , I know the Lancer goes for 6.9 liters per 100 km . But the waranty mitsubishi gives is the best Ive seen ... So anyways , Lancers owners , Could you point of things that you like and dislike about your Lancer? And what should I get between the 2 cars Ive listed .

Thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 11:39 AM

My 2008 Lancer ES is 43,000 miles within 2 years.

snow,ice and rain it was tested. I even hit a rail on Route 9 Boston and the car is still tough as hell.

Drive them both. I drive the Mazda first and then Lancer GTS. Please buy Manual it will save you a lot of money and resale value is higher.

Lancer is a rugged car it will tolerate abusive driver. I am not sure about Mazda I never like Mazda Quality. Get the 650 watts sound system. I have a regular sound system but it sounds better than Honda, Toyota or Nissan car stereo.

NAV is system hides and with DVD. 4 disc brakes,Carbon Fiber trim dash,the car is very tough it was really made for Rally events.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

I love the Mazda 3. I drove one and beat the living hell out of it. It even felt great at 115mph+.

Which ever one you get, get it in a stick.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

My friend has the mazda speed 3 and that thing handles amazing. The only draw back is that its fwd. I never drove in the new lancer so I dont have much to say abt that lol.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Banned

The one I drove was brand freakin' new. It had less than 100 miles on the clock. The dealership was like "Don't take it over 65mph" uuuuuuuh yeah.

First thing I did, was take it through every gear : )

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM

My friend has a 08 Mazda 3 and he abused the hell outta that thing the few times I was in it, but I've got an 09 Lancer GTS and although I never drove his Mazda I like the Lancer by far, and he wanted a Lancer but just didn't have the cash at the time.

I've had mine for about 6 months and Oregon had the worst snow storm in 40 years this winter (not the best time to buy a new car) but I had so much fun in it. I live up some pretty steep hills and I did perfectly fine with chains on the hills. And did fine with out chains everywhere else.

The GTS is also a fast car, its only FWD and of course there are much faster cars but for what it is... I got it up to 110mph the other day and I was only in 4th gear. Very smooth ride.

I would also just take the look of the Lancer over the Mazda.

I don't think the Mazda has the keyless entry and I love that, walk up to the car with keys in my pocket, put hand on door handle, door unlocks, get in and start it up with keys still in pocket.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM

I had an 04 Mazda 3 (before my outlander) and my girlfriend just got a 2009 Lancer GSX.

Both of them are automatics, I don't particularly like the CVT transmission on the lancer, it feels like it wants to stall out, but apparently it adapts to your driving and I always drive it after my girlfriend. You are better off getting a stick.

The Lancer has a better cabin feel. The exterior of the Lancer is much sharper and you don't see them everywhere on the road yet.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Thats the verdict.

Lancer GTS, only in a stick

Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM

you know what , I think if I get the mitsu , il get the GT
Suposely the GTS feels bad on the road with the ****ty sport suspention they had + the fuel economy is not too good . Also , I dont want to have to pay for 18 inch tires , 16 inch is good with the GT
What you guys think?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

I personally would get the lancer over the mazda, unless it was a ms3 lol.

Quick Reply: honnest opinion please!