Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Default How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

If you noticed that your Mivec engine lack power.

NOT REALLY....

In order to make it faster.

1.Choose the right gasoline like mid grade and not cheapy generic gas.
if you did notice putting cheap gas or brand feels a little rough not smooth on the gas pedal accelerating.

if you did choose a cheapy gas buy a gas tank cleaner or additives. The Mitsu Manual didn't say anything bad on additives but do it on 25,000 miles not below 25,000 mile. Mine is only 11,000 miles I haven't done it yet.

2. Used premium oil not synthetic if you Drive your Car very hard and change it every 3,000 miles not 6,000 miles.

3. You notice that your car feelsslow on acceleration but not really. The Platform is heavy and feels need more power but actually you are going fast.

4. Drive 4th gear like a Man by putting the pedal to the metal but not rough just gradually.
Do not be Finnesse on the MIVEC it doesn't like it. It was really made for tough people

It is really a Rally Car for the street.
ENJOY

Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned
Default RE: How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Okay i have a couple issues with the things mentioned.

1) Gas: If it says use premium. Don't use anything else. There should be no question

2) Conventional oil should only be used in the first 1000 miles. After that, the engine needs more protection that conventional oil cannot provide.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Sorry... NO clue what happend here

Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 AM

I wrote Non Synthetic oil because the Synthetic oil is about $60.00 or more to used every 6,000 miles oil change. The Good but cheap oil are about $25.00 for every oil change that's including oil filter. that's 80 dollars a year oil change A4 times a year oil change.
more if you put 3,000 miles every 2months not 3 or 4.

do the math if you used Synthetic oil every 3 months? that will be a lot of money.
The Mechanic told me that it is not really a big deal. as long you have oil in the engine.

But if you can afford Syntheticevery oil change and then go ahead and used synthetic oil

You can always clean the engine by Engine Flush every oil change that will clean the system but it is really up to you. But not with a newer engine like the 2008 you have to wait until 35,000 miles or up to engine flush it

These are my experiences with my Lancer. Try it and if doesn't work try another cheaper way to oil change.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned

If you cant afford to maintain it, you shoudnt be driving it.

Your mechanic is wrong, and im comfortable putting my neck on the line for that.

After 1000 miles you should use synthetic.

Ceap = not effective. Synthetic is more expensive for a reason.

Also, fram filters suck! See a previous thread on here about it.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: AKILEZ

If you noticed that your Mivec engine lack power.

NOT REALLY....

In order to make it faster.

1.Choose the right gasoline like mid grade and not cheapy generic gas.
if you did notice putting cheap gas or brand feels a little rough not smooth on the gas pedal accelerating.
the car doesnt require premium. using it is a complete waste, as the car is not designed to take advantage of it, and as such will not produce any more power.

if you did choose a cheapy gas buy a gas tank cleaner or additives. The Mitsu Manual didn't say anything bad on additives but do it on 25,000 miles not below 25,000 mile. Mine is only 11,000 miles I haven't done it yet.
ALL fuel additives are trash. Complete snake oil, plain and simple. Dont waste a penny on any of them.
2. Used premium oil not synthetic if you Drive your Car very hard and change it every 3,000 miles not 6,000 miles.
synthetic is indeed a waste of money, but not due to any performance reason. the simple fact is that synthetics only advantage is extreme operating temps, which the base lancer will never reach.

3. You notice that your car feelsslow on acceleration but not really. The Platform is heavy and feels need more power but actually you are going fast.
not sure what you mean, but in reality you're talking about an ECONOMY car. it is not a race car, and anyone that buys one thinking it is is delusioning themselves. Its powerful enough for an economy car, but thats about it.
4. Drive 4th gear like a Man by putting the pedal to the metal but not rough just gradually.
Do not be Finnesse on the MIVEC it doesn't like it. It was really made for tough people

It is really a Rally Car for the street.
ENJOY
what in the world does that mean? The MIVEC doesnt like it? Like what?
has you're car been talking to you?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned

Mitsu Tech for 15 years.... cant dissagree.

Im curious as to why yo usaid synthetic is only for higher temps. Does it not provide any added lubrication/metal protection over conventional?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:57 AM

I dont came to INSULT people and I guess you are one of thosePeoplenever had a formal education in College.

You guys so funny.... Some of those I wrote come from the Mitsubishi Manual...did you read instead of Flabbing your mouth like a bitch.

The car doesn' t talk to me dummy
I feel it when I drive it probably you are one those wanna be now how to drive.

I learned how to drive when I was 7 years old with a manual 4 speed tranny. While you were still learning how to catch a baseball.

15 years of a mechanics doesn'r prove anything. If you a Master Mechanic and past the test every year that you can answer me back. Prove it too!!!

Gas is expensive... buy cheapy ones and you will see water in them... dummy that's whatI meant...

Mivec doesn't like it if a driver doesn't know how to drive. Why you people only believe in yourself believe in other people in respect.

The Platform is heavy and the Mivec engine cannot handle itdummy did you noticed that.
Economy Car!!!! why are they selling performance parts for the Lancer!!!!!!

The Manual didn't say You Can only used Synthetic.... Read!!!!

And my mechanic is Certified Master Technician on Watertown Massachusetts Mitsubishi with a degree in Mechanical engineering and he takes the test almost every year.

Go there and asked him..... Please educate yourself and go back to school

Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 AM

Cant afford it and dont drive it

who the hell are you to tell me that....It's my car

Not only saving money it'salso saving the enviroment... dummy

This isa Forum anyway so who cares

Old 10-05-2007, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Mitsu Tech for 15 years.... cant dissagree.

Im curious as to why yo usaid synthetic is only for higher temps. Does it not provide any added lubrication/metal protection over conventional?
absolutly not.

it is ALL marketing hype. Synthetic has only one distinct advantage, and thats its ability to lubricate at ultra high and low temps. Its only a factory fill on cars that will regularly see oil temps in excess of 350 degrees (like the EVO). It has no benefit other than that, and as such 99 percent of the people that use it are wasting money.
it has its place, but its not in a base lancer.

Quick Reply: How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer