Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

how hard is it to....

Old 03-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Default how hard is it to....

hey...so how hard would it be to put a new exhaust on my 09 lancer gts?? do u just bolt it on or...??

Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM

there are afew available that are bolt ons.

i put the injen full exhaust on my gts. then i took it back off when i traded it in.

it took about two hours both times.

full sytem from 1st cat to tail-pipe.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM

2 hours is long. On a lift it will take like half hour or so maybe an hour. On jack stands its a little longer of a process. But yes just bolts in place assuming you buy a setup made for your car

Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 PM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

yeah.....i did it on the floor of my garage with floor jacks and jack stands.

full exhaust install (that includes removing the entire stock system as well).

do you even have a lancer ? ? ?

have you installed a full exhaust system on one by yourself ? ? ?

oh by the way.........S.T.F.U.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:45 AM

ok thank you. im thinking of getting the RRM exhaust...not sure yet.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by 07outty
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

yeah.....i did it on the floor of my garage with floor jacks and jack stands.

full exhaust install (that includes removing the entire stock system as well).

do you even have a lancer ? ? ?

have you installed a full exhaust system on one by yourself ? ? ?

oh by the way.........S.T.F.U.
Ok where do I start with you. I have done FULL exhaust meaning DP and everything in less than 2 hours on cars on jack stands. Want a list all all my cars I did exhaust on? Fine, 03 Evo8, 93 Supra TT, 02 Eclipse GT. Those are just my cars I have also done others. The Evo and Eclispe were done on jack stands. Evo took about an hour and a half and it was a full TBE replacing all the stock piping, The Eclipse took about 45 mins and that was a cat back (same your talking about) and the supra took about 25 mins on a lift for a cat back. Did all of them buy my self.

So whats your point? All I am saying is to show the OP it can be done faster than you stated it is actually a very very easy install to do. Hell I pulled the head off of my old Eclipse GS is 54 mins exactly - that was with a buddy though.

I have quite a bit of time working on mitsu cars, from exhaust and intakes all the way to pulling heads off and doing headgaskets and cams and turbo upgrades. I think I know what I am talking about.

SFTU and learn how to put exhaust on faster lol, im just messing with ya

Last edited by EMonz57; 03-03-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:11 AM

the exhaust i did on my gts was a full system , not a cat-back.

any way. seeing as you no longer own any mitsus'...........

please go brag about what a great mechanic you are on a toyotard forum.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 07outty
the exhaust i did on my gts was a full system , not a cat-back.

any way. seeing as you no longer own any mitsus'...........

please go brag about what a great mechanic you are on a toyotard forum.
Who said I do not own a mitsu? I still have one actually, but thanks for playing.

I am not bragging about being a good Mech, I am Simply saying you can do a full exhaust in less time than 2 hours. Seeing how I have owned more mitsu's than most members on here and have been a helping member here for a long time not to mention I have been an Admin here for 2 years. I am not going to leave, sorry to tell you. On top of that you may want to watch who you act like a tough guy to. I can give you a vacation at anytime from this board and give you long enough time away to grow up and stop acting like a 16 year old puck ***. Im not going to but just for future refference if you want to be an *** I will.

IT is a pretty basic job to do an exhaust install I don't know what more you want to here.

Last edited by EMonz57; 03-03-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

why are you getting so upset. I mean all he said was that it can be done quicker than you completed it. Why are you taking that as an insult. He was not mocking you in any way. He was just making a simple statement. Please grow up

Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by EMonz57
Who said I do not own a mitsu? I still have one actually, but thanks for playing.

I am not bragging about being a good Mech, I am Simply saying you can do a full exhaust in less time than 2 hours. Seeing how I have owned more mitsu's than most members on here and have been a helping member here for a long time not to mention I have been an Admin here for 2 years. I am not going to leave, sorry to tell you. On top of that you may want to watch who you act like a tough guy to. I can give you a vacation at anytime from this board and give you long enough time away to grow up and stop acting like a 16 year old puck ***. Im not going to but just for future refference if you want to be an *** I will.

IT is a pretty basic job to do an exhaust install I don't know what more you want to here.
hey , finally some banter on this forum.

i was actually looking to stir things up a little as this fourm is a little dull sometimes.

sorry , i just had to use the "toyotard" thing... ( i stold it from anther forum )

any way.
i was up in fairbanks alaska for a week. i did not see a single mitsu ( not even a truck)

oh yeah......thanks for deleting my add out of the "for sale" form..........