Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Lancer Reliabilty Durability

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Default Lancer Reliabilty Durability

I have about 1 year left of college & my first purchase will probbaly be an 08 or up Lancer...

I was just wondering how are these things on reliabilty not just the new ones but Lancer's in general... I had an 88 Mitsu Mighty Max w/ no major issues for over 100k miles but I dont think thats a good guage to compare a new Lancer too....

Are there any quirks specific to the Lancer or Mitsu in general??

Old 05-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned
Default RE: Lancer Reliabilty Durability

The car is pretty reliable. Nobody has reported any major faults or anything.

There was one TSB for the fuel pump, but I think all new Lancers have that taken care of anyways.

They are great, reliable get around cars. They are built kinda crappy, like if you look in certain places, you can tell its mass produced lol. But hey... it stays together.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM

What was the issue w/ the fuel pump just out of curiosity?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

I think it had something to do with the impeller. The impeller is plastic (as are most) and was .5mm too big and basically it fused itself to the housing after it got used a little. So it started making the car really hard to start...

But there is a TSB out on it, so every Mitsubishi dealer knows about it, and they take care of it.

Don't be scared away by little quirks like that, Honda's are most known for their little goofs out of the factory, and yet they are some of the most reliable cars in the world.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Wow plastic impellers never heard of such I changed the water pump on the old 88 MMM & I guess that was the last time I saw a water pump in the early to mid 90's & it was most certainly aluminium or some alloy.... but the plastic doesnt worry me just took me offguard haha..

Basically I have this idea that Mitsu products are really really good as far as build quality & durabilty/reliability but my idea is based off of a product thats 20 years old...