Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   The Lancer Sportback and Ralliart Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/lancer-sportback-ralliart-sportback-29614/)

Patrick 10-10-2008 11:40 AM

The Lancer Sportback and Ralliart Sportback

Mitsubishi has been eluding to the release of a five-door “Sportback” model, and considering that the Lancer’s biggest competition, the Subaru Impreza, has received the hatch-back treatment, it was only a matter of time before Mitsubishi countered. The Paris Motor Show brought the debut of the new form of the Lancer, and while the Sportback is intended to offer more function and room than the sedan model, Mitsu was quick to offer a Ralliart model for those who want a little bang for their buck.

The Sportback engine options for the European market begin with either a 1.5 or 1.8L four cylinder engine, but a 2.0 litre turbocharged diesel is available, and for those who want more performance, the Ralliart models come packed with a 2.0 litre turbocharged MIVEC four cylinder making 237 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque. Along with the added power, the Ralliart models come with some performance bits from the Evolution, such as the Dual-Clutch SST transmission and the Active Center Differential, so help the Sportback Ralliart handle the corners at speed and aid with driving at normal speeds in poor conditions.

The Sportback, in both forms, is expected to hit European showrooms late in 2008, and while there are no public plans to offer them in the US, the popularity of both the sedan Lancer, and the cross-town rival Impreza, we figure that its only a matter of time before it hits stateside.

wicked_outlander 04-15-2009 09:27 AM

am' ready to trade my 08 dude, tried it for ralliart but mitsu is gettin greedy somehow. but hey those sport back versions, nice!

mcmacguy 02-08-2010 11:12 AM

2004 Lancer Sportback

Altho the new sportback looks nice, I prefer mine. Yes, it's boxier: which gives me LOTS more cargo space. In fact, thanks to the tall roof I fit more in the back of my Sportback than most SUVs can fit. I'm a musician and can haul my keys, amps, guitars, etc., and (thanks to the split-seat) still fit in my 2 kids. That ain't gonna happen with the new sportback.

BTW - the 162 hp engine in my 2004 Sportback really motivates this vehicle, and the 4-wheel disc brakes are awesome even with a full load. The car has been very reliable - the only problems: 2 bogus "check engine" lights, and I just had to replace the rear disc brake pads at 29,000 miles (real ez, DIY for $40!).

My only gripe is the gas mileage (around 22-23 mpg). But then again, I' m a leadfoot, and drive mostly around town, hardly ever on highways.

I'd love to hear from other Sportback owners - i know there's not many out there!

Mick

alim 09-08-2010 03:18 PM

Our 2010 GTS is a silver one. 2.4 liter with cvt. The sedan has a deeper trunk to fit items althought the sportback has a taller rear-end due to the hatch. It does seem the sedan has more cargo space.

It turn heads though since there's not many of them and they wonder what the heck it is from behind:).

gts8121 09-18-2010 01:59 PM

I've had my 2010 GTS Sportback since late July, I'm still waiting to see another one. tm

redpattison 09-19-2010 10:07 PM

2010 Lancer GTS.White.
Got mine in mid-July.
Absolutely love it

KNAPP Est1987 10-10-2010 11:39 AM

Ive got the GTS Sportback and am really excited about it. Its Octane Blue with gold wheels (which I like because I think its a slap in the face to the original sti colors ). I will say though, I am not a fan of the CVT paddle shifters...I love a MT. But with some upgrades in mind, it could turn out to be really fun in the end. Ive got a lot plans for her especially after yesterday when some asshole in his brand new sti had to show me up on the highway...what can you do???

GTS 2.4 10-25-2010 01:31 PM

09 Lancer GTS manual. Love my car! I checked out the sport backs a couple months ago. They are awesome looking but if you get one prepare to lose some serious rear headroom and cargo space (the 4 door has like 2x the cargo space).

mitsutitude 11-22-2010 02:30 AM

Hi All,

I acquires a Lancer Sportback 2010 few weeks ago and I would like to now if an "auto lock" of the door when the car reaches a speed is available and can be activated ?
Is somebody can help me ?

Thank

Shadownmss 12-30-2010 11:57 PM

Just purchased 2011 Lancer sportback ES with the CVT transmission. The manual calls for 0W-20 oil.......does anyone know if I can use a 5W-20 or 5W-30 oil in the car. It has the new 2.0L (4B11) engine in it.

alim 01-01-2011 12:17 AM

follow the manufacturer rated viscosity for the oil. Just upgrade to synthetic.

DK137_420 01-01-2011 10:44 PM

Hey all, This is my first post. Recently bought a 2010 Lancer Sportback. I was surprised to find out that the back hatch does not come with an inside release button. Is there anyone else out there that was surprised by this lack of option?

Also, is there any mod out there that anyone knows about where i can put in a hatch release?

Thanks.

Ashley_Garcia 06-14-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by mitsutitude (Post 265904)
Hi All,

I acquires a Lancer Sportback 2010 few weeks ago and I would like to now if an "auto lock" of the door when the car reaches a speed is available and can be activated ?

Thank

It should automatically lock the doors the 15 MPH , like all other good automotive does.

kalapanablack 09-23-2011 10:59 AM

I've got a black 2010 sportback gts manual tranny wohoo :)

Prior to that, proud owner of Eclipse for 6 years with no problems with the car, 100% reliable trooper of a car, could have gone for another 6 years but some idiot crashed into it. That's why I went with another Mitsu :) and another hatchback. Although I am finding that the Lancer hatch is narrower than eclipse and less stuff fits into it somehow. Still happy with my choice. :)_

Mardi-gra 09-24-2011 08:22 PM

Just purchased my first vehicle, ended up getting the new 2011 Sportback ES, the car handles nicely and is very quiet, I am very happy with the vehicle and i cant wait to mod it!!

Bmoreira1990 09-18-2012 07:54 AM

i bought my 2011 lancer sportback about a year ago, and i cant wait to start modding it out begining with dropping the hell out of it, and adding in some new 18" rims and rubbers. Approximately a month ago someone knocked out my rear tail lens. I was wonderng if anyone knows of a company that makes replacements, either oem looking or something aftermarket looking.

Slacker 03-28-2013 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by truthdweller (Post 289479)

Really hate to say this but.... this looks very photoshoped...

Slacker 03-28-2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ashley_Garcia (Post 273680)
It should automatically lock the doors the 15 MPH , like all other good automotive does.

actually not all good automotives lock when you start driving... i have also been looking to find a solution to this cause id like the car to lock if i move it out of park actually.

Slacker 03-31-2013 02:59 PM

the second picture near the bottom skirts twards the ralliart stencile looks like it bends inwards, and made it looked like the alignment wasnt straight back. i have looked the car up and i have to admit i have never seen one near me nor on the road.

Michelle_cleere@hotmail.com 01-30-2015 10:26 AM

There's a bottom on your driver door

The back has child locks you just pop down when doors open on the side like a little white lever ....and There is a lock button for all doors and window control on your door to stop kids playing with them, it won't "auto lock" at speed can't see why you would need it too unless you have unpredictable passengers lol but yeah you can lock them yourself at a touch of a button 👍

Originally Posted by mitsutitude (Post 265904)
Hi All,

Thank

AnthonyC123 04-23-2015 01:13 AM

Exhaust help please

I have a 2004 sportback ralliart, this car is a blast. It handles like a dream and is pretty peppy with the 2.4l mivec. Im looking to put a full exhaust on it and an intake. If anyone has any input for that I would greatly appreciate the help! I want something that sounds throaty( not that ricey bs) but still helps performance.:D

Gary McCay 05-16-2016 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by mcmacguy (Post 255861)
I'd love to hear from other Sportback owners - i know there's not many out there!Mick

Looks like nobody responded with a "2004" Sportback. Well, from one "Mac" to another, here you go (with a little surprise):

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kcKR4KzOTtc/maxresdefault.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...pszqnneee1.jpg

DanB 08-25-2016 11:51 AM

Long time since your message.
Got a 2004 Sportback (for 10 years now) and love it.
Starting to give some problems.
Liftgate won't "secure". Shuts fine, electric open/close makes the right noses, metal grip in liftgate rotates properly, but doesn't hold.
Need help finding procedure to remove liftgate panel to see what is going on.
Any ref's?
Thanks
DanB

redbeard#95 09-05-2019 05:18 PM

2010 sportback ralliart

can anyone point me in the direction of aftermarket taillights or a widebody kit for my sportback. google search hasnt been much help.

Cool dad 27 04-18-2020 06:55 AM

Active peeps?

Is anyone still active on this forum? I have a 2010 sportback ralliart... have questions concerning basic mods and suspension.