Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Loss of power at times

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Default Loss of power at times

I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Lancer GTI 16 calve Twin cam. The fault I am getting is a reduction in power whilst driving. This reduction of power occors at any time and lasts for anything from half a mile to 5 miles then the nornal power comes back again. There is NO missfire, no cutting out, engine keeps running but like a Morris Minor. I have changed the Crank Angle Sensor, the Plugs, The engine oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter. The feeling I get is that the Ignition is Advancing to its correct Degree when the power is as it should be, then for some reason drops back to idle speed position, which as you will know would be far from ideal.
This enging has never let me down but I never know when accelerating I am going to get the power I should have or just a gentle increase in speed. Thanking you in anticipation Eric Rowley

E.Rowley
v

Old 08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
RDA
Default RE: Loss of power at times

hey Watson

I used to own a 90' Lancer too. Did you have a look at the gas filter? Mine used to have the same kinda problem because once upon a time, i bought gas from a gas station and than later learned that the gas that they sell was not good quality. It had some dust and stuff in it. So when the gas is flowing thru the gas filter, the dust is collected there. After a time, a very lil gas is flowing so it causes power loss. Check it and let me know if i can help more.