Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Mitsubishi Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Default Mitsubishi Dispute

Posted Feb 1, 2008 Well I have started the Mitsubishi Dispute process. My Lancer and several others are having a problem where they don't start. I have posted on this issue before. Basically I try to crank the car and it takes 4 - 5 tries to get it to crank. This is a new car and has been doing this since about 2 - 3 weeks after I bought it. We spent over $50,000 in one day with Mitsubishi because we bought an Outlander and Lancer in the same day. We also had problems with the Outlander. They had to replace all wiring and timing box to get the interior lights to go off. So, we are just fed up with our dealer and Mitsubishi. Now that most of our Outlander issues are fixed we do like it. But, the Lancer is a different story. Our service people just don't have a clue.

The first 4 or 5 times we had one of the cars in the shop for warranty issues we had to pay for a rental car that would fit our family. All Mitsubishi would pay for was a Chevy Aveo.

I really hope no one else has to deal with these types of issues. Posted Feb 1, 2008 Well I have had it in the shop about 7 times. In fact it was in there for the last 2 days and they said they didn't know anything. The odd thing is that it happened more often during the summer. In fact during temps between 90 and 100.

I don't have an automatic start on my car. I do have Fast Key. Trust me, I have done all types of troubleshooting with the dealership. Posted Feb 8, 2008 Well, I take very good care of my cars. So I am not sure what you were getting at. Anyway, the dealer told us today that there are only 2 "Known" cars that are doing this in the US. Mine and 1 other guys car in Cali. Well, he works for Mitsubishi so I am sure they will take care of him no matter what. For me, I don't think we will get the same treatment. My Lancer is an automatic so I am not stall it out. I just get in the car and it doesn't start, no matter what the temp is. We just got the Lancer back today. It has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks. The first week we had it in for the starting issue again. This week we had it in the shop because once we got it back last week the windows wouldn't roll down. Well they said the master switch in the driver's door went out. So they replaced it. The GM said the new switch didn't fix it but they weren't finished with the paperwork yet when we picked it up.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned
Default RE: Mitsubishi Dispute

There are a **** load more than 2 with that problem I tell you now.

I would say try another dealership if you can, or lemon the car.

Im sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 AM

Well, it seems everyone is having problems with some relay. My car isn't having a relay problem. It does this starting thing at all temps. I am sure there are more people that are having the problem, but no one is talking to their dealership about it. The tech line evidentially only knows of mine and 1 other in Cali.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 AM

I already had 2 minor accidents with my 2008Lancer. I hit someone from behind doing 5 miles per hour and the last accident I spinned during a snow storm and hit some solid ice on the road with a little dents on the driver sideand still my 2008Lancer ESis still running well.

Take our advise Please Lemon the car or if the dealer can Replace your car with a newer one (I hope the dealer do that but that's rare) or ask a lawyer to help you solved the problem. Contact Mitsubishi Head Office they might be able to help you.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:08 PM

The car is currently in the dispute process. I spoke with a lawyer and he said the Lemon law was a waste of time. He said it would take forever and that any lawyer that would take the case would charge a lot and wouldn't be very knowledgeable. I am sure that is probable just here in our area.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 PM

I bet the lawyer will only charge $5,000 or a little more.
Divorce lawyers are more expensive. Some Lawyers are lazy to get involved with small claims.

I rather pay the lawyer that 5 grand and get a descent car rather than payingthat loan for a car that doesn't work for 6 agonizing years

Have you tried going to a High Performance Mechanic in your area. They are expensive but they will fix your car?

Old 02-17-2008, 02:39 PM

I don't even want to waste my time with this car. I will wait and see what happens with the dispute process. Actually both out Mitsubishi cars are in the dispute process. We bought an Outlander the same day. If nothing comes of this process I will see what the dealer can work for me. The sales manager said he would try and find us something we wanted. They all know we won't ever buy Mitsubishi again.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 AM

My 08 lance wouldn't start last night. It said the key was missing and then the manual key wouldn't start it either. I had the car towed to the dealership and this morning he called me and told me there is a service bulletin out for the Relay fuse box and it's a easy fix. So I try a different dealership.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 AM

What car do you have ES or GTS?

If it is GTS and nota ES. It might well be the FAST KEY Problem on the GTS.

And is your Car 100% made in Japan if some parts are made in other countries there will be problems?

I drive ES and still no problems WITH 21,000 MILES ON IT.

KNOCK ON WOOD