Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

New RalliArt owner needing some help.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Default New RalliArt owner needing some help.

I will start off by saying that I have just purchased (Saturday) a 2009 Lancer Ralliart Octane Blue Pearl, and I am in love with this car.

So getting that out of the way I am of course not the first owner of this vehicle. The problem that I am having is the guy that owned the car before me did some slight modifications. Looks like he has changed the piping that leads from the turbo to the inter-cooler. There seems to be a spot just after the turbo leading over the top of the engine bay (as I said I am a noob) and down to the inter-cooler. There seems to be some rubbing that was experienced and he wrapped the piping in a cloth (yes a cloth) to keep from the pipe rubbing on the hood. Am needing some suggestions from everyone that will eliminate the cloth and also make sure there is no rubbing that continues. I don't know if the piping is the wrong size or if you guys think some exhaust wrap would fix the problem. Again I am a noob and need the help . Sorry for making this post so long and thank you for taking the time to read and help me out.
I have attached pictures of said cloth.
All help is very much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails New RalliArt owner needing some help.-sam_0220.jpg   New RalliArt owner needing some help.-sam_0221.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rob1120 View Post
Am needing some suggestions from everyone that will eliminate the cloth and also make sure there is no rubbing that continues.

I don't know if the piping is the wrong size or if you guys think some exhaust wrap would fix the problem.
what's wrong with the cloth? it's pretty, and pink

you could put smaller pipe in, or take to your bonnet with an angle grinder.