Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Stereo issues? FM signal and Bluetooth

Old 04-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Default Stereo issues? FM signal and Bluetooth

So, trying to see if this is user misunderstanding/error or my stereo.

I have spoke with my dealer and they said to "fix" it would require removing the strereo and sending it off. I would be out of a stereo for about a month they said. Due to this, I want to see if anyone encountered similar issues and know of a fix that does not require me losing my stereo.

My car:
2012 Lancer
Stock Stereo

The issues:
- Fm signal sometimes weak (fuzzy)
- Some stations do not come in stereo, while others do. In someone else car, the stations come in stereo (when mine do not).
- Sometimes, the stations go in and out of stereo
- More frequently, my Bluetooth has messed up
- Sometimes songs start skipping, I have to restart my phone. This issue only happens with my stereo and has happened with 2 phones (It works fine when I use a Bluetooth headset with my phone). I have to restart my phone for the songs to work properly. it seems like its my phone, but like I said it works fine on a Bluetooth headset AND this issue has happened with another phone.
- Sometimes my Bluetooth would disconnect and reconnect. More recently it has been worse. Today I could not even use it, could not even make a call. The Bluetooth kept disconnecting and reconnecting.
- The song names/display sometimes does not show for songs, other times it does (even for same song). This *could* be my phone, but unsure.

Any suggestions, recommendations?

I am trying to get another phone to test out with in the meanwhile to be 100% certain it is the stereo, or something else.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:42 AM

A few questions that I have for you concerning your radio. One, have you resolved this issue yet? 2, which radio option is in your vehicle, standard am/fm cd player or navigation?

Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rob1120 View Post
A few questions that I have for you concerning your radio. One, have you resolved this issue yet? 2, which radio option is in your vehicle, standard am/fm cd player or navigation?
I have not resolved it, I kind of just ignore it.
I have the standard am/fm option. single cd. everything is stock. There is no navigation.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 PM

Well I would make sure that they checked the connection from the antenna on the roof to the one running to the radio. A lot of time there are a few junctions and not just one long wire running from the antenna to the back of the stereo. You could have an issue with the antenna itself or with one of the junctions. I would honestly look into spending a little bit of money and getting a whole new radio (aftermarket) a lot of them have options to run the steering wheel controls with an optional add-on. And most of the aftermarket radios now offer Bluetooth and is most likely better than what the factory offers. If this is something that is an option you would like to look into I would either go to a local car audio shop or Bestbuy (if you have to) im personally not a big fan of Bestbuy but someone should be able to help you get what you are look for as long as you tell them what you want. Steering wheel control capability and Bluetooth. Hope this helps.