Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Default Bluetooth Issues

I recently bought an iPhone (AT+T). My former phone was a Verizon Treo 650, which worked great with the Outi bluetooth system. When I would initiate a call with the Treo, ringing would start over the hands-free system right away. Now when I initiate a call with the iPhone, I don't hear anything over the hands-free system until the person receiving the call answers the phone and says hello. In fact, most of the time I don't even hear them say the hello part and I only know I'm connected because my music stops. Is this an AT+T issue or an iPhone issue? I ask because my dad has an AT+T Blackberry in his Lexus that does the same thing as my iPhone.

Also, perhaps the most annoying thing with the iPhone hookup is that the volume is much softer than my other phone, so I have to turn the volume up a lot. The really bad part is when I hang up, the "disconnect" sound pretty much blasts my ears away and sounds like it's going to kill my speaker system. Does anyone know how to adjust these volume levels with the bluetooth phone of choice?

Finally, when I try to access my visual voicemail through the iPhone, it says it is connecting through the hands-free interface, but it never really does. I have to listen through the iPhone's speakers. This is really annoying and was wondering if anyone figured out a way around this.

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Default RE: Bluetooth Issues

I doubt it is AT&T, most likely it is the iphone. I say this because I had the same issue as you mention, but I had the Blackberry 8830 with Verizon. I solved the problem by switching back to Verizon, not because of the bluetooth issue, but because AT&T's coverage, dropped calls and sound quality was terrible compared to Verizon's. iphonne cool, AT&T's network not cool....

Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM

I completely agree that AT+T sucks. I wish Apple never made that deal with them.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 PM

I have this same problem with T-Mobile and a Motorola Razr. The dealer tried to claim that it was a problem with T-Mobile. However, I don't have a problem with my bluetooth earpiece. Does anyone know of a fix for this or know of any other phone/provider combinations in which this occurs. It gets really annoying because some people hang up on me because they don't think anyone is on the line.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM

I would think that it is the software that are in the phones, which usually come from the service provider. I have Verizon with a LG VX-9400. Works great.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:02 PM

I have a motorola RAZR V6 (t-mobile) and anytime I dial from the actual handset, I experience the same problem. When I dial from the nav screen, the ringing comes through on the audio system.