Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

possessed Speedo/Odo

Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Default possessed Speedo/Odo

'02 lancer OZ. Proud to say this is my first cry for help after what I thought was 138,000 miles. So I stopped for gas.... filled up.... and hopped back in turned the key to KOEO but before I hit the starter I noticed my gas door was still open. got out... shut the gas door... got back in and noticed my speedometer was sitting at 108 Mph! Weird.... Even more weirder..er.. was the trip and odometer were counting up as if the car was actually traveling at 108 Mph. I must have watched the miles count up for about 5 minutes thinking 'wow... that's pretty cool' and then realizing that I might have significantly less actual miles on this car then I thought. I did a few searches and couldn't find anyone with the same issue. Does anyone have any input/ideas? I was able to get it to do it again and took a video of it when I got home incase no one believed me. Thanks, Ken