Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Default Questions

First off I want to say please dont take this out of context.. I am not trying to Rag on Lancers.. But I am very dissapointed with them.. I have a 02 ES Lancer.. that has had two recalls.. one was to reflash the ECM.. WTF?? Seriously, why would that need to be done.. the car ran great.. got 30mpg and had no problems.. except couple times a week the Service Engine light would come on and go off as it pleased (and no this wasnt because the gas cap) .. so after the ECM Reflash the car runs like crap.. all it has done to it is an Intake from Injen.. Short ram Intake because its an auto.. It would constantly die.. idle would be sporatic (sp) jump anywhere from 100-900rpms.. SEL came on more frequently.. and none of this happened until they reflashed the ECM.. So I take it back to the stealership (Still under warranty) and they say its because my MAF sensor went out.. and blamed it on my intake.. I have had the intake on their for almost 3 years.. but they wouldnt listen.. Sorry to say but I think the customer service for Mitsubishi is horrible.. and the quality of their product is terrible.. My question is has anyone else had problems like this one.. and does anyone know what was wrong with the ECM in the first place... (From a technical aspect) the dealership couldnt tell me all they knew was that it needed to be done..

Old 10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Default RE: Questions

hey man, i got an 02 oz rally with an aem intake too, and had the same problem. my exhaust is poppin like hell, and the revs take forever 2 fall. i work at the mitsu dealership, and yeah they do suck. to help your idle, try unhookin the battery for a few minutes, that helped mine just fine. it seems everybody with an intake has that problem.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:01 AM

and the recall happened cuz the cat heats up too quickly, and in some cases ive seen, the cat can acually melt and block the whole exhaust, so i would take the cat off and inspect it urself{remember the service department sux, i wouldnt trust my fukin dog with them} i have a ****load of info on that recall if u wanna know ne thing

Old 11-03-2005, 06:35 PM

try unhooking the battery for 15 min. Reconnect then start the car and let it run idle for 10. It will take the ECU a couple days to relearn everything, but be patient with it and it should run fine. You might have a little bit of an rpm hang and the idle might jump around a little bit, but it should be ok after a few days.