Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

RALLIART 04 LEMON LAW????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Default RALLIART 04 LEMON LAW????

HI , after being very happy with my new purchase , now I fund my self very sad.......

I purchase a RA 04 with 4 miles 4 weeks ago, after one day I took it to the dealer for detailing because it was to late in the date to do it the day before, so I droped the car at the dealer and went I went to pick up the car the car had a dent in the back driver side fender next to the gas cap.

After getting in to a bit of a argue with the sales manager he agree on giving me a new car from the LOT, so one day later I return mind with 120 Miles and got other out the lot with only 7 miles not a bad deal no?

Well after driven the second RA to my job 120 miles , I nourest the the car Pulls left on the highway, cons urn about it I call the dealer and made a appointment to have this fix, Took the car in the day of the appointment to get fix, went I pick up the car and drove away I realized that the car was pulling left, went back to the dealer and after question about the repair they informed that the problem was the tire and not the alignment , in the dealer they are not responsible for the tires that is part of the tire supplier for the car in this case GOODYEAR'S, so I went the fallowing day to the Goodyear's store were there tech work on the car change tires and all but the problem did not went away..............

One more time the day after I went back to the dealer , they took the car back in for service this time they call the tech line Mitsubishi were the dealer tech got inform on what to do, He did everything the tech line Mitsubishi tall him to do , they change tire with other RA from the lot , they re-aling the car fro the 3 time , they checked tire pressure and all, even the tech line tall the dealer to try EVO tire on which is a bit DUMMY if you ask me , but any ways GUYS the PROBLEM IS NOT GOAND AND THE CAR PULL LEFT the dealer told me to OPEN A CLAIM CASE WITH MITSUBISHI because they said this is out of there hand now ......

DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY THING TO suggest?????????

Old 09-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Default RE: RALLIART 04 LEMON LAW????

find another mitsu dealer that want's to help you for one. if it's not the alignment or the tires it has to be something else wrong. did your dealer even look at anything else?

Old 09-09-2004, 07:52 PM

I also just purchased an 04 Lancer RA, and it too pulls to the left. I just assumed that it was because of the aftermarket wheels and tires that the dealer put on, but I think I will take it in now. Thanks for your post.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:29 PM

Madmat is right, find another dealer. My parents 03 camry tires started to chop in the rear, and toyota replaced it for them free of charge. The car was in our possesion for almost 7 month's and had over 5000 miles on it. If the dealers still don't comply, call the Better Business Bureau or any other sanctioning consumer relations services in your area. Remember, once a dealer sells you a car, most of them consider their job to be done. I hope everything works out good for you, good luck.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:48 AM

ciclon-

I bought a new dodge srt4 and had a VERY similar problem with it pulling right. After 3 weeks, about 80 miles of dealer test driving, and 3 alignments, it was stilling pulling to the right. [:@] I was getting VERY frustrated and about to file a lemon law claim myself. Well, the service guy I was working with called a Dodge engineer and he suggested checking the engine mounts. After adjusting the mounts, the car drive straight as an arrow. Hopefully, this might be something you could look into. GOOD LUCK!

My woman also bought an 04 ralliart and LOVES the thing.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:29 PM

ciclon be consistent with this problem
i had a ralliart 2004 and you know what in the high way the brake disk was broken, i dont have an idea of this occure
and obviously the cars was crashed, and i lost the car know i got a RA 2006 and it is better in all

Old 02-24-2006, 01:22 AM

^^^ take it to another garage

a non-mitsu dealer garage

let them check out the car

just check, but not perform any repairs

get their diagnosis

if it's a problem with the car they should detect it

that is the alignment should be detected - if it needs any suspension parts they should be able to tell you

sometimes the dealers try to cover-up defects byy tellig you that the car i sworking well, when it really isn't