Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

tune up parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Default tune up parts

hello everyone i just had some basic questions. my girl has a 05 lancer es that needs a tune up and new brakes very bad, so i come to you guys for some help.
1. does anyone have or know where to find a do it yourself to
-change the spark plugs, and wires,
-drain the trans,
-drain the coolant system,
-change the front and rear brakes
thanks for any help!!
2. any suggestion on which name brand and type of parts would be a great help too!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Default RE: tune up parts

The brands depends on you if you want stock performace or little bit better. you might have to change some parts to get full advantage of them tho.
Tools you will need is ratchet socketsand set wrenches if your not a Tech just buy cheap ones,also anti seaze for spark plugs its necessary if you plan working on her car often and saves your heads also.

1. spark plugs get the oem replace ment go to any autozone or strauss what ever you like ask for oem replacement they should give uNGK spark plugs .Ask if there pre-gaped only some come pre-gapped if not then ask me later if you dont understand me.
2. you forgot to mentions if its auto or stick shift trans. write it down if its stick which i doubt its your gf i understand mine cant drive either she hit a parked bus once true story.
3 coolant there should be a drain plug at the bottom of raidator if you cant find it just loosen bottome hose clamp and pull the hose it will get some anti freeze out well good enough .
4 you shouldnt need to change the rear drum brakes unless you have high milege and never seriviced them, front calipers go to dealer or parts store ask for brake pads for your specific car yr. model and sub model . if your rotor warped you should change them all togther or you will have bad problem and you would have to order new pads and rotors again.
If you want to wait till next week thur i will send you pic or maybe earlier of coolant drain plug and how too's you need.BTW you might not have to change trans fluid just check it color and level .