Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

What headers can i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Default What headers can i get?

I havea 2001 Mitsubishi mirage 1.5L De. I need to know what headers will fit, If any.
I am a nooob

Old 03-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Default RE: What headers can i get?

did you google it? i don't think anyone makes anything for that car. good luck

Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: blk n tan

Wrong you are (in best Yoda voice lol)

RPW makes 2 different headers for it. A street and race style. Unfortunetly, they're based out of Aussie land, and shipping is a little steep. I'm currently checking into another option though, which is a little more cost effective. the 85-88 Honda CRX Si has the same exhaust ports as the 5th gen 4g15, and I know the turbo manifolds bolt on with minimal modification, so I would assume that an aftermarket header for this model would bolt on as well. Only problem I can forsee is where the downpipe would go over the oil pan, there may be some clearance issues there. So as of now, the only confirmed header that I know of is through RPW.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 AM

Wow, there are actually alot of different ways to go when it comes to headers for the Mirage. I have had 3 of them in my life, and suffice it to say, they dont make a lot of aftermarket products for the rage, but what is out there, is worth it to get the added hp your looking for. And believe it or not, they actually make MORE aftermarket products for the 4g15 than they do for my 4g93. Here are some options for you....

RPW: yeah, they are costly, but make great products... and they make turbo exhaust headers for the rage if you intend on going turbo in the future.... Their exhaust headers run anywhere between 400-650$... and once you get into shipping it will get more expensive.

NOPI: #1 Products INC. by HP racing exhaust headers (4into2into1) 2 piece steel chrome or ceramic coated (These are great headers... I know a few people using them and said they have noticeable gains in hp) they run somewhere between 165-230$

OBX: they make 2 types of exhaust headers for the Rage, ceramic coated or polished steel (I have heard good reviews on these...) they usually run between 120-200$

JVT: stainless steel exhaust headers (don't personally know how good they are) but from what I have seen of the construction of these headers, they actually look to be very well crafted. I think the JVT headers are around 150-200$

You can see that there is a HUGE price difference from company to company. They are all "upgrades" compared to what you have in your car presently.... and it all depends on the application in which you intend on using your new exhaust setup. Street/Track, etc... If I were you, I would probably go with either the OBX or JVT.... plus, I think you can find those products through companies on Ebay. So, good luck with your project.... Later..

Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Lil Evo

ORIGINAL: blk n tan

Wrong you are (in best Yoda voice lol)
I believe it would be "wrong are you" but thats splitting hairs. its cool though. i'd rather be wrong and have some good information posted about where this dude can find what hes looking for then be flamed and nobody back it up

Old 03-27-2008, 01:06 PM

ya.....so i need to brush up on my starwars apparently.

Back on topic, to the best of my knowledge HP and OBX only made the g93 header. You happen to have links to the 4g15 header?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 PM

Well, just so there is no confusion on this one... I tried to give him some information about "mirage" headers.... not simply ONLY for the 4g15... because I have a 4g93 myself and know more about this engine than I ever will about the 15... at any rate... I figured this was at the very least a good start for him. And RPW DOES make headers for the 4g15 AND the 4g93. Also, Im not 100% but Im pretty sure that Borla makes a front down pipe for the 4g15. As for the OBX and the HP Racing I only know about the 4g93 applications. Like I said, that is what I own. But, he could at least start there.

Try these links:
http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/03-025.html
The above link is directly to shophyperformance.com and is for sport headers for the 1.5
http://www.racepages.com/parts/heade...hi/lancer.html
This link is for a Borla aftermarket front downpipe
So good luck, and enjoy sufing the web. I hope you find something out there. Like I said, I dont know what HP or OBX makes for the 1.5 if anything, but I am positive that RPW and borla both make something. And you could always piece something together. If you got a used RPW header and the Borla downpipe... then just get a good exhaust system from there and theres nowhere to go but up!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM

thanks for all the help. i would greatly appreciate it if you check out some of my other posts. Saved me alot of time.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:10 PM

not having any luck with the header link. i searched for 'mirage' and '4g15' and didn't come up with anything

Old 04-12-2008, 04:16 PM

rpw bro there the only place i know of that makes headers for the 1.5 mirage i have one too. you should join mirage fourms its all mirages parts etc free to join