Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

01 limited montero radio code

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Thumbs down 01 limited montero radio code

pulled my battery out for a while and not the anti theft on my radio needs a code. can anyone help me on this? I'm totally lost.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:03 AM

just buy a new stereo, even the cheap no name ones are better, plays mp3, aux input etc.

but if you really wnt the code..

NO ONE HERE can give it to you, because its unique. you get it by getting the serial # on the radio.

and guess how you do that, but putting the labor in removing the panel, pulling the stock unit out and get the serial #, but agian you are already half way in installing a better unit might as well.

but if you wish to continue, after you get the serial #, go/call a mitsu dealership and HOPE they dont charge you for the code. because if they do, again look into the option of just getting an aftermarket one.

if you wish to have the dealership do everything from start to finish, well lets just say the amount youwill be paying them will cost about as much as a "Brand name" cheap deck, yet still has better features/sounding then stock.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 AM

I was hoping to not have to go to them. but my wife is complaing about no radio. and I must admit. I try to turn it on 3 or 4 time when I drive it.
I would imagine its stock on the limited's but i have the infinity stereo in the monty, I think
thanks for your help red turbo

Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 PM

Mine also has the Infinity system...In all honesty it is a piece of junk, cannot be compared to the Infinity that came with my wife's 2002 Grand Cherokee, which sounds so much better. The one on the Monty sounds cheap. Probably the best thing will be to upgrade if you can afford it.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Not really right now.. wife going to school full time school close coming up for my kids along w. TKD belt testing and a TKD tournement in a different city for my son and I. With all that, plus normal bills, replacement not looking good. i'll try to fix it for free if they will give it to me. thanks for all relies though.. if they won't ill be posting or some replacement imput. thanks...

Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 AM

the radio is very easy to pull out on the montero. just get the serial # off of it. if your dealer wont give you the code, post it here or send me a private message with the serial number and i will get it for you.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 AM

Damn I took mine to the dealer and they charged me $40 total.
Not to bad. I have the code saved now.
I agree that the sound quality could be better.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:45 PM

hello. i have the same problem. battery went dead and after recharging, radio wont work as it is looking for a code. if i were to get the VIN, would that work or will i have to pull radio out to get the serial number? how do you pull out the radio? much appreciated if you could help me.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 AM

No you have to pull the radio and get the serial #.

"pulling" the radio is so easy. you have to do some prying here and there, if you cant handle that then your in trouble.

2 screws securing the bezel by the info screen. pry out the panel, remove harness for hazards. then 4 screws holding the bracket down. then you can pull the radio out.