Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

95 LS Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Banned
Default 95 LS Questions...

Hi Everyone,

My first post here asking for advice... Thanks in advance for any replies made;-)

Ok, where to begin... I just put 31x10.5 BFG's on my stock 15" wheels. In researching how to correct the speedo calibration for the bigger tires, I found that a stock 95 LS has a final drive ratio of 4.636. As I am not overly mech savvy, I am unsure as to whether this ratio is the same on my LS, as it has been fitted with the transmission from an RS. It was like this when I bought it. I know it is the 3.5 tranny because when I went to service the tranny, the filter was not correct. Further investigation concluded that it was indeed a tranny from the RS. Does the tranny affect the drive ratio, or is that in the rear diff? I believe my rear diff is stock, as in not replaced with the RS version... lol

So my first question is, is my final drive ratio still 4.636?

My second question relates to the input shaft speed for the speedo. Can anyone confirm what shaft speed the 95 LS speedo is calibrated for?

Another thing I am having a hard time with is finding odd replacement parts, namely the switch blanks for the holes where the suspension setting switch would go, as well as what appears to be the hole where a choke cable would go, to the right of the steering wheel. Also missing one of the blanks for the interior door handles, the big round blank that covers the screw. I am also looking for the lower brush guard for my monty. I have the top one, but can't find the lower one anywhere. Can someone suggest a source for all the little parts not listed on the big parts sites? My interior is grey w/o leather...

The manual for my monty advises I up the tire pressure by 4 lbs per tire if I fit 265-75-R15's... so from 26 lbs to 30 for the front, and 30 lbs to 35 for the rears. How does this translate to the 31x10.5's I just fitted? I ask because the ride seems very harsh at 30/35 lbs, and this is with new shocks fitted just last week... will I do any harm by running the BFG's at 26/30 lbs? Tire wear? Fuel economy? component wear?

Again, I really appreciate any advice you fine folks can spare. Thank you;-)

Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 PM

You need to post your questions on the following forum:

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/postli...t=&Board=UBB69

The fellas are great. Anything you need or want to know about Gen I and II Monteros can be found through the guys on this forum.
Very knowledgeable group!
Good Luck.