Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

01 Montero sport 3.5 stalling

Old 04-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Default 01 Montero sport 3.5 stalling

After replacing timing kit, which included water pump, tensioner, cam and crank sensors and seals, and timing pulleys, SUV ran fine slight moment. I also replaced replaced alternator and charged battery back up. I drove SUV around the corner and back. As pulling in driveway it stalled on me. From then on SUV will crank on run good for 5 seconds, stutter bit then stall out. It will do that bout 3 times then it wont crank on no more. It would just turn over until I let it sit for bit then it will do it all over again. When I give it some gas it stutters hard and backfires then still stall out. From there and after doing research, I've replace throttle body sensor, maf, IAC, and check cam and crank sensors to see if work properly. Sensor checked out good. I still have the same problem. Can someone tell me what should I do next. No engine light is on

Last edited by Redrumrevolution1; 04-10-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:03 AM

With so many items changed, its difficult to narrow down what can be the cause. Even without CEL you might have a "pending" code. You may want to plug a code reader and see what might be stored there. If you have a life data feed, look at the fuel trims while engine is running. It is possible to have a bad "new" part. You can try to put old MAF back on to see if it make any difference.
Other than that, check the following:
Engine grounds;
All sensors plugged in correctly?
Spark plug wires going to the right cylinders? Check once again - too easy to miss that one.
Spark plugs properly torqued and wires fully seated on them?
Intake manifold fully seated, no gaps, no cracks.
Re-check timing on the belt (most time intensive).