Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2001 Montero AC Fuse Blown

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 07:48 AM
Default 2001 Montero AC Fuse Blown

My daughter's Montero is blowing the 30 amp fuse for the AC from time to time. The problem is intermittent. The blower is new, the speed resistor is also new as both of them were shorted recently. My guess is there is something wrong with the wiring somewhere or the fuse box itself. Is there any known issues or place I should be looking at that are known to fail in the harness for this truck....???

2001 Montero Single AC Unit

Old 12-24-2023, 10:35 AM

Sounds like there is a short somewhere in the system. It can be the wiring, incorrectly connected motor / speed control or internal defect in the motor. I'm not aware of any common issues with these units? So youllneed to seatch for it on your vehicle. Is your new motor OEM, a reputable brand or Chinese "it fits everything" model?

Old 01-28-2024, 06:49 AM

This truck has the drain clogged at some point. Resistor got flooded and blower when out and both got replaced, but apparently the damaged was already done to the fuse box itself. The fuse holder in the fuse box was a little melted back then, but the fuse with everything else was replaced and it worked for a while until it say no more. Looking at the drawings I make a whole new circuit for the AC. Put a new Relay, pull power from the battery with a new separate fuse holder and only use the old control circuit for the new relay. It was a pain in the butt to get those AC control cables to be able to intercept the power source to make the conecction, but everything is working now the way it was like when she came out of the factory.