Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2003 Montero Service Guidelines

Old 05-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Default 2003 Montero Service Guidelines

Hi All,
I recently purchased a 2003 Montero Ltd in great shape. I'm the 4th owner and I have no idea what has or hasn't been done in the past to maintain this vehicle. It runs great and everything works, except the temperature gauge and I understand that's a common problem for Montero's built in around this time. (A laser temperature monitor shows the radiator temp around 188 degrees Fahrenheit. I found instructions on YouTube to solder a resistor on a circuit board located behind the instrument cluster.)

Does anyone have suggestions for maintenance? It has 195,000 miles on it and I'd like to see it go to 300,000. There aren't any fluid leaks that I can see. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

RckyMtns

Old 05-07-2018, 11:44 AM

There is a similar post on preventative maintenance on Montero Sport that came up at nearly the same time as yours. Take a look at that. It has a good list of items you should address withe a "new" for you used vehicle. I hope your Montero does go to 300k. They are certainly known for doing that

Old 05-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Smile

Thanks, HunterD !!

Much appreciated!