Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

4WD vs. AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 11:50 PM

I wonder if his teeth are that way because of too much quacking...
On a somewhat related subject - I was near North Algodones Dunes Wilderness in California this spring. They had a bunch of leftover props they used in some Mad Max style movie at one of the overlooks. Totally awesome

Old 08-04-2019, 07:09 AM

Yep......probably ethanol vapor stains on his teeth. He needs a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil and a wire brush to clean them up some.

Leftover off-road vehicle props......cool....you should have parked your ole Monty beside them for a pic. 4th one down might be an old 80s Montero.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:10 PM

I was driving a rented Nisan Sentra with too much electronics in it. It would totally screw up the atmosphere of the setting I think the 4th one was a Suzuki Samurai. Then there is ****** Jeep and an older Jeep Wrangler. I love the old VW Bugs that are converted to the dune buggies. That seem to be such an oxymoron, but it looks like crazy fun to try.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:09 PM

Yep, the Sentra would have messed up the atmosphere for sure. OK, Samurai, not Monty.....kinda similar from a distance. Actually, back in tha day, those VW sand buggies were pretty bad ***......who needs 4x4 with the engine right above the rear drive wheels?

Old 08-16-2019, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by 1960StudebakerHawk
In the wild Mad Max movie, this nice guy probably had those twin "duck call" vacuum modulators up inside his air hoses: I guess he sucked air in thru the hoses, with a duck noise, then had to breath the foul air out thru his nasty teeth.

How would you like to see a Montero cruising down the road with this cat behind the wheel? Ha ha, quack-quack!
I think it would look something like this....

Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 AM

Hunter........WOW, that is kick-***! You are a real AreTeast for sure........thats real impressive how you managed to cut/paste and shrink that ole snorkle freak and put him into the Monty......and those bad-azzz flames in front to boot! And the dark fading, as if were looking thru a rifle scope at this freak coming our way.

Great work!

Old 08-16-2019, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback. Although I'm flattered, I can't take credit for this. I had the idea, but it was my daughter who did all the cropping and fading and layering. She is REALLY good with all this PhotoShop stuff. BTW, if you need anything artsy like this done, she says she is available for hire. PM me if you are interested.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:35 PM

Hunter......Tell your daughter that I like her work......she needs to keep it up, maybe get a compewter scienze degree and then make a good living doing the great digitized art-work and probably more boring computer work like tracking down those deep state Russian hackers. (She will probably find them operating inside our Pentagone, and not over in the Russian motherland). If I need some photoshop work, I will get back to you. Hey........If I take a picture of my super rusty Monty frame, can she photo-shop a pristine frame over the rotten frame areas.......and then I walk outside, look under the Monty, and see that the rotten frame is now in pristine condition again? If so, I will pay her BIG bucks! Guess I am just dreaming......ha ha.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:16 PM

I think it is possible to do what you are asking. We just need to superimpose the live video feed of the reality of the rusty Montero with the augmented reality of pristine Montero frame over it via Oculus Prime or Google VR. Piece of cake... No pie... No it's cookie...
Hold on a minute... do chocolate chip cookies go into the CD drive, or does it have to be BlueRay??? I think someone keeps eating my cookies!!!!

Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 PM

Hunter.....sorry for the slow reply (a hectic couple of days here). Mann, now your talking.......a man who never takes "no" for an answer. Never a "No can do" from you.......and maybe you are actually half way there in your postulations and theoretical methods, and in no time we will see you coming up with a way to snap your fingers with all this computer manipulation stuff, and generate that pristine frame on my rusty Monty.

Maybe it can be done the tried and true way........hop in your DeLorean, charge up that Flux Capacitor, and go back to 1994 and squirrel-away my rusty Monty where it is never driven on those salty roads, maybe just hide it in a storage vault someplace........so when 2019 comes around, I mysteriously own a Monty in show-room condition, no rusty frame, and maybe even 0 miles on the odometer to boot. Yea, thats tha ticket! (And I will be OK with it having a crusty-old chocolate chip cookie stuffed inside the CD playber)

As Ross Perot would say, "Talk is Cheap, Just Do It!"

Quick Reply: 4WD vs. AWD?