Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Accessory Fuse #16 location on 2000 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Default Accessory Fuse #16 location on 2000 Sport

I posted this on the Tech help and got no answer so here goes on this forum.

I have a blown fuse for the Accessory plug in the center console and rear in the hatch on my 2000 Montero Sport.

The location of the fuse is NOT shown in my Owners Manual although it states it is a 15amp fuse #16 in the passenger compartment fuse box. # 16 is not listed in the diagram in the manual or on the fusebox cover. I pulled all the 15amp fuses and none of them appear to be blown. Does anyone know exactly where this fuse is or is it possibly a higher amp fuse.

Thanks, kuli

Old 12-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Default RE: Accessory Fuse #16 location on 2000 Sport

Click on the link in my signature- then read the FAQ section that i wrote up on that website. I even included pictures.

Good LUck!!

Joel, CA

Old 12-05-2005, 07:41 PM

I found the other fuses located nar the relays 2 are 15 amp and the other is not. NONE of them are blown. Any other suggestions on where this fuse may be?

Thanks kuli

Old 12-05-2005, 09:59 PM

There are a few more fuses tucked away under there aside from what i circled in the picture- take a good look underneath to find em. I'd suggest you remove the drivers side knee bolster to have an unobstructed view of what's behind there. Good Luck!

Joel, CA

Old 09-25-2011, 06:44 PM

I am sorry to bump this old thread, but I am having the same problem on my 2003 Montero Sport, the manual says fuse #16 controls the accessory plugs, but I can't find the location of fuse #16. One of the posts here said to click the link on a signature, but the link must be dead now, any help would be nice.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Default Fuse location for accessory in Montero Sport

I had same problem eventually got an answer (paid $18 on ask type forum). There is another fuse location by the original fuse box. It is closer to the left wall and forward of the first fuse box. Difficult to explain but here goes: a little lower and to the left of the hood release under the plastic leg guard there is a white thin rectangular object with a single black fuse holder on the far side and a double fuse holder toward the steering column. The black fuse holders have tops that pop off toward the seats, once you pop off you will see the fuses. I believe a 10amp and a 15amp (i think the 15amp is for the accessory). They are a little difficult to get to and tuff to pop off but can be done. I went through all this and found the fuses fine and with more work found the accessory plugs (both in front) were bad. Taking the dash apart to get to the plug was another adventure hopefully you don't have to do. Good Luck

Old 11-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Default Paul K accessory fuse location

Thank you so much for your help on this! You were the only that knew where this was. I have been looking for four years and finally seen your thread thanks so much. The manual is of little help but you nailed it perfect.
Originally Posted by PaulK
I had same problem eventually got an answer (paid $18 on ask type forum). There is another fuse location by the original fuse box. It is closer to the left wall and forward of the first fuse box. Difficult to explain but here goes: a little lower and to the left of the hood release under the plastic leg guard there is a white thin rectangular object with a single black fuse holder on the far side and a double fuse holder toward the steering column. The black fuse holders have tops that pop off toward the seats, once you pop off you will see the fuses. I believe a 10amp and a 15amp (i think the 15amp is for the accessory). They are a little difficult to get to and tuff to pop off but can be done. I went through all this and found the fuses fine and with more work found the accessory plugs (both in front) were bad. Taking the dash apart to get to the plug was another adventure hopefully you don't have to do. Good Luck

Old 07-15-2022, 03:11 AM
Thumbs up Accessory Fuse

Originally Posted by PaulK

AWESOME spent 2 hrs trying to find a fuse then read this article Suggest you unclip the fuse holder and then just tuck in in with the other which is lower and back further then you don't have to remove lower dash panel if you blow another fuse Give me your bank details and I will pay you half of your $18 Once again THANKS