Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Accessory Power Plug Dead

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Default Accessory Power Plug Dead

Does anyone know where i can find the fuse for the accessory power plug. Fuses check good in the inside fuse panel and in the under the hood panel. Did they hide something from me?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:11 PM

Hi:

Sorry but Montero Forum does not = Mind Reader's Forum

(Would help to know which vehicle & year you're talking about) Also, front or rear plug? Assuming you have both......

Ron

Old 02-14-2010, 10:59 PM

If the fuses check out fine then its most likely the accessory socket. Take the socket out and check the wires with a multimeter to see if you have 12v with the ignition on. If 12v is present then its a bad socket. A socket can be repaired if you have a basic electrical understanding. I repaired my socket in another car with the same problem with no power.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM

Well, I guess it's the socket because the one in the rear has voltage and the schematic seems to show them wired in parallel off the same fuse. Now i just have to figure how to get the friggn socket out. It's a 2003 Montero with a black plastic piece around the socket with a cover flap.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm not sure exactly how to get to the socket because I have a 95. I've taken out the socket on my other cars. I had to take the dash panels off to get access to the socket. Taking the socket out is different on each car but repairing it should be the same. Its most likely the center contact thats not touching the contact point behind it. There should be 2 wires on the socket, ground will be connected to the out circle part of the socket and a wire will be soldered to the center. If you are able to remove the socket from the dash take you time taking the socket apart and you will see what I'm talking about with the contacts.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by deck
I'm not sure exactly how to get to the socket because I have a 95. I've taken out the socket on my other cars. I had to take the dash panels off to get access to the socket. Taking the socket out is different on each car but repairing it should be the same. Its most likely the center contact thats not touching the contact point behind it. There should be 2 wires on the socket, ground will be connected to the out circle part of the socket and a wire will be soldered to the center. If you are able to remove the socket from the dash take you time taking the socket apart and you will see what I'm talking about with the contacts.
Sorry, It's the accessory power socket in the arm rest console. It seems the plug has to come out from the front as there's not way to access it from the rear. There's a little black plastic ring around it with a notch in it but i hate to start prying away and break the thing..

Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I had both plugs in the front go out and it took me half a day to figure out how to get the dash apart to replace the plug in the dash board. I am going to attempt the center console next but hate going in blind.