Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

aiming Montero Sport headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Default aiming Montero Sport headlights

Driver's side headlight is waaaayyy too high and blinds other drivers. Need to adjust angle without going to dealer if possible. Can't figure out how to do it because set up is unlike any other that I have worked with. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 PM

I own a 2002 Montero/Pajaro, not a sport, but the headlight assembly may be similar.

Look near the bottom of the assembly, inside the engine compartment.
On the corner farthest from the quarter-panel there should be something that looks like a **** with teeth-like-gears facing the assembly. It has a screw that may make it look like it does not turn, but that is how I aim my Montero's lights. I seem to remember turning it to the right moves the lights down, but play with that to make sure.

I aimed mine inside the garage onto the closed garage door so I could easily see the movement. You can also turn your lights on to any wall and mark with some tape where the center of your light beam is. This way you have a reference point when you start and end. Road test your vehicle and adjust again if needed.

Good Luck,
Mr. Z.