Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Antenna Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Default Antenna Problems

Has anyone had problems with their automatic antenna not retracting? I tried cleaning and lubing it up, but with no luck. It will go up just fine, but when the radio is turned off it will not go down by itself. If I apply a little pressure on the top of the antenna it will go down, but only then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Old 11-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Default RE: Antenna Problems

Buy a new one. I tinker with those so much....a nightmare....the shaft will cost you around 60.00, remove the upper nut, remove old antenna shaft by turning radio on. Insert new antenna gently while some one else turns radio off... put back nut...easy...

Old 07-13-2005, 02:37 PM

I've got Mitsubishi Pajero (it's a european Montero) and my electrical antenna doesn't work and I don't know how to repair or change it.

Please tell me how to do it - do I have to remove fender to repair it ?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:31 PM

The above described procedure is correct, providing you inspect your antena mast, making sure that it is not broken. If it is not broken, than most likely the teeth are worn out and it needs to be replaced. When you replace it, make sure you correctly position the teeth prior to retracting the antena back in. If it is broken, than you will have to access the antena motor, open it and take the remaning part out and than replace your antena mast. The procedure is a little more complicated but can be done by an avarage skilled individual. I am an ALLDATA subscriber and that is when my subscription payed itself off. If you need a detailed instruction let me know and I will try to explain. It has been a while since I have done it.