Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Blinking CL light and no green lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Default Blinking CL light and no green lights

Ok ive read up quite a bit on what can cause the c/l light to be blinking orange and the green lights not being on at all. heres what i have done

yesterday the top green lights where blinking and i trouble shooted it and found that the vaccum no return valve was stuck so i cleaned it and the lights stopped blinking and when i shifted into and out of 4wd (all 4 selections) it engaged and disengaged fine ( i even check the accuator up front and see and hear it moving)

while driving on the highway in regular 2wd the green lights went off and the orange c/l light started blinking and even turned car off and as soon as the drive system checks itself (4lights blink for a second) it immediately goes to blinking orange and the green lights turn off.

now when i try to shift into 4wd gears the i cannot hear or see the accuator move at all.

i changed the trans fluid (yes with mitsu fluid) and also the diff and tc with new fluid. i check the free wheel sensor and its is in range of the resitance.

i am thinking it might be one or more of the sensors on the tc that is causing this since from my understanding the signal goes from the 4wd shifter to the TC which then controls the vaccum solonoids which then controls the front accuator engaging 4wd. and im thinking that a sensor on the TC is causing this. if this is the case does anyone know what sensor on the TC would cause this.

also the car is in 2wd now, as it cannot go into 4wd because of this issue.

this is a mitsu montero 2001 non sport

thanks

Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 AM

Red89notch -

I can't help you with your specific problem, but I can direct you to a Pajero (Montero) forum in Australia that has MANY more members that can help with your issue. I'm not trying to take anyone away from this forum; but the resources here for helping with US full-size Montys is extremely limited...

Generation 3 Pajero - Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Hope this helps.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Haynes1701
Red89notch -

I can't help you with your specific problem, but I can direct you to a Pajero (Montero) forum in Australia that has MANY more members that can help with your issue. I'm not trying to take anyone away from this forum; but the resources here for helping with US full-size Montys is extremely limited...

Generation 3 Pajero - Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Hope this helps.
thank you i will give that a shot