Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

blower moter/ ventilation issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Default blower moter/ ventilation issue

i have a 94 montero ls. i've done most of the basics like a full tune up, oil change, plugs and wires, pretty soon cap and rotor. its starting to get cold in texas and i can hear my blower motor working but my issue is there is hardly any air pressure coming from the vents if at all. i have a one year old and her mom who need their warmth. thanks in advance.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:53 AM

Sounds like you may have issues with the little doors/gates that direct air through the cabin. Do you feel that the air is going up to the windshield defogger or to the floor ducts?

Old 11-20-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by HunterD
Sounds like you may have issues with the little doors/gates that direct air through the cabin. Do you feel that the air is going up to the windshield defogger or to the floor ducts?

i feel very little coming through the vents. Ive move the selector through the ranges of face feet defrost and there is still little air flow. most air flow ive been able to get out of the truck would be to have the fan on high with the vents set to outside flow.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:18 PM

OK, Approach this systematically:
Put your fan on High and temp on Hot.
When you switch directions to where the air needs to go, does it go there (even if its slow)?
Do you get any heat when you run the fan with temp set on Hot and fan on High?
If you get little to no flow, but getting warm air, you have issue with the fan. You can pull the fan out to make sure the cage is intact and it works rather than spinning on the motor shaft.

If the air does not go where its directed, you have issue with doors inside the climate control unit. You can try to open up controls and move the cables manually to see if you can direct air to different spots.

If you are getting air, but no heat - you may have clogged up heater core. This is a very involved repair.

Is this a "new" to you vehicle? Its possible that the heater core was bypassed. You'll need to check under the hood by the firewall to see if the heater core is plumbed into the cooling system or if its bypassed.

You may have several of these issues together as well.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by HunterD
OK, Approach this systematically:
Put your fan on High and temp on Hot.
When you switch directions to where the air needs to go, does it go there (even if its slow)?
Do you get any heat when you run the fan with temp set on Hot and fan on High?
If you get little to no flow, but getting warm air, you have issue with the fan. You can pull the fan out to make sure the cage is intact and it works rather than spinning on the motor shaft.

If the air does not go where its directed, you have issue with doors inside the climate control unit. You can try to open up controls and move the cables manually to see if you can direct air to different spots.

If you are getting air, but no heat - you may have clogged up heater core. This is a very involved repair.

Is this a "new" to you vehicle? Its possible that the heater core was bypassed. You'll need to check under the hood by the firewall to see if the heater core is plumbed into the cooling system or if its bypassed.

You may have several of these issues together as well.

Ive spent my whole day off and have found the issue.
the previous owner purchased a new blower motor and didn't read the polarity and wired the darn thing backwards. a few screws and a swap of the wires and the issue has been solved. thank you for your help. i will be posting pictures of the truck soon.