Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Chasing LED Dash Lights - 99 Montero

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 08:16 PM
Default Chasing LED Dash Lights - 99 Montero

I had some incandescent bulbs that were burned out in my dash so I decided to replace the whole interior of my car with new LED replacements. Everything around the car has been hassle free EXCEPT or the gauge cluster. Some of the lights work, some don't. I saw in another thread that the "Low Fuel" and "Brake" lights in the dash need to be incandescent, so I left those as-is. Some of the lights that are not working are the front two wheels for the 4-wheel drive indicator, cruise control - the switch has also stopped lighting up, I don't know why, or if the cruise control is still working or not as I haven't taken it on the highway yet. There are probably a couple more not working but those are the ones that I can easily see if they're on or not.

I have tested the individual LED's and I have tested inserting them both directions. All the LED's work on the bench, and rotating it only got one more light working. I'm unsure now what else to do, has any one else had this problem or know how to get all my dash lights working?