Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

computer change (GPS) on a Montero LTD 03?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Default computer change (GPS) on a Montero LTD 03?

Is there anyway I could install anything that would change the computer progams from the original (bland) choices? I would like GPS and DVD capability.. What do you guys think? Any information is deeply appreciated..

Old 10-24-2009, 07:37 PM

Unfortunately unless you are a highly skilled hardware/software engineer who wants to dissect and reverse engineer things, there is nothing, nada, ziltch to making any changes on the stock information unit.

How were you expecting it to be a GPS and DVD?

I've done a full stereo install which required me to move somethings around back of the panel. That info unit is not deep. at all, It would have been nice to put my new gps/dvd/touchscreen/double din unit in its place so it has the shade from glare, but unfortunately there is not much room back there and the opening of the panel is actually smaller than a double din. It could be done with some modification.

you might have seen the Montero/Pajero/Shogun of the very same generation in other countries where their info unit is much nicer and complex. I doubt they are interchangeable to our USDM ones, but it would be a nice thought.