Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Diamond ATF SPIII vrs Castrol Import multivehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Question Diamond ATF SPIII vrs Castrol Import multivehicle

Hi, in my country definetly thereīs no Diamond ATF SPIII fluid, even the dealer donīt use it. I donīt why exactly, I guess is not a good mitsu dealer. I found the Castrol Import Multivehicle, it says to meet the SPII and SPIII specification, I change it, itīs working good at the moment, my question is, It really does meet the specs this Castrol Import multivehicle fluid as the Diamond ATF SPIII?

Old 11-08-2009, 02:53 PM

So long as it clearly mentions meeting SP-III spec, there is no problem using a universal ATF.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by dainersm
Hi, in my country definetly thereīs no Diamond ATF SPIII fluid, even the dealer donīt use it. I donīt why exactly, I guess is not a good mitsu dealer. I found the Castrol Import Multivehicle, it says to meet the SPII and SPIII specification, I change it, itīs working good at the moment, my question is, It really does meet the specs this Castrol Import multivehicle fluid as the Diamond ATF SPIII?

I use the same Castrol Import ATF myself in my 1992 Montero. If you look on the back of the bottle it specifically lists the Mitsubishi Montero and says it meets SPIII specs.