Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Dim headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Default Dim headlights

Hi everybody,

I noticed on my '02 Montero Sport that my headlights became dangerously dim over the last few weeks so I replaced the bulbs thinking they might be old and ready to go. Lights are slightly brighter but still very dim. I checked how much voltage was getting passed to the lights and the full 12 volts is making it to the bulbs.

The lens looks okay but do you suppose it could be dirty enough to dim the lights? And if so, does anyone know of a good resource to look into before trying to remove the headlight lens (felt like I was close to breaking some parts trying to remove it myself).

Thanks,
-Eli

Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by efatsi
Hi everybody,

I noticed on my '02 Montero Sport that my headlights became dangerously dim over the last few weeks so I replaced the bulbs thinking they might be old and ready to go. Lights are slightly brighter but still very dim. I checked how much voltage was getting passed to the lights and the full 12 volts is making it to the bulbs.

The lens looks okay but do you suppose it could be dirty enough to dim the lights? And if so, does anyone know of a good resource to look into before trying to remove the headlight lens (felt like I was close to breaking some parts trying to remove it myself).

Thanks,
-Eli
Did you check your ground connection for the lighs? Rust at the ground is known to cause this effect(Poor ground). Check and clean if necessary.