Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

ever have a "remanufactured" engine in your 00-06 MonteroSport?

Old 02-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Default ever have a "remanufactured" engine installed in your 00-06 MonteroSport?

Has anyone purchased and been happy/unhappy with a remanufactured shortblock ?. I need to begin contacting places that sell them,but Id like to know from any of you that have had either good or bad experiences with any of them. Just choosing randomly is all Ive got now ,and possibly feedback from those that have had to make this same choice will help me and others that will be faced with this choice.

Last edited by PalmSprings; 11-22-2022 at 04:56 PM. Reason: I did not post this recently. I posted one similar about a transmission with 4x4. No idea why thisone showed up
Old 02-14-2016, 11:18 PM

deleted

Last edited by PalmSprings; 02-15-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Default n\

I havent found any engine supplier that has rebuilt 3.0s. Not even mitsubiti. It appears no one here has ever had one put in,so is there a chance someone knows where to find one other than random googles.
. I know I can find one in wrecking yards,but id rather not.Mitsubiti will get JY engine and install $4500 in san bernadino Ca. Of course that would be somewhat less at a good shop 3000+ plus misc replacing older components while engine is out of montero.Remans were $6000,but mitsu Hdq bailed on the us mkt..

Originally Posted by PalmSprings
Has anyone purchased and been happy/unhappy with a remanufactured shortblock ?. I need to begin contacting places that sell them,but Id like to know from any of you that have had either good or bad experiences with any of them. Just choosing randomly is all Ive got now ,and possibly feedback from those that have had to make this same choice will help me and others that will be faced with this choice.

Last edited by PalmSprings; 03-10-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:15 AM

I have a 3.5L in my 2002 Montero Sport which spun two rod bearings. I looked for used and remanufactured engines as well and decided to rebuild mine instead. Rebuild is still underway and is here https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...removal-48920/

To my knowledge, the 3.0L is used in many other Mitsubishi products and the offshoots are also used in Chrysler, Kia, and Hyundai vehicles. Perhaps this increases the field while looking for used engines although I have not confirmed they are fully interchangeable or what the differences are.

This link shows OEM Mitsubishi short blocks for 3.0 and 3.5L engines for Montero Sports are still available https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html I don't know what type vehicle you have.

Use the link above and search your particular vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails ever have a "remanufactured" engine in your 00-06 MonteroSport?-short-blocks.jpg  
Old 11-09-2017, 04:58 PM

Im sorry I missed this. Looks like they nolonger have any as there is no available choice "montero sport" except thy do have some engine parts

Old 10-28-2022, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by larry4406
I have a 3.5L in my 2002 Montero Sport which spun two rod bearings. I looked for used and remanufactured engines as well and decided to rebuild mine instead. Rebuild is still underway and is here https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...removal-48920/

To my knowledge, the 3.0L is used in many other Mitsubishi products and the offshoots are also used in Chrysler, Kia, and Hyundai vehicles. Perhaps this increases the field while looking for used engines although I have not confirmed they are fully interchangeable or what the differences are.

This link shows OEM Mitsubishi short blocks for 3.0 and 3.5L engines for Montero Sports are still available https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html I don't know what type vehicle you have.

Use the link above and search your particular vehicle.
Thanks ,Ill do that . Now I need a remanufactured transmission..No I wont be building my own.

Old 11-22-2022, 04:58 PM

Thanks Larry