Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Fuel consumption reading on computer isn't updating?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Default Fuel consumption reading on computer isn't updating?

Hey guys,

I have a 01 Montero limited and the fuel consumption on the compouse display (located above the radio) is not calculating the fuel correctly. I topped off the fuel tank one day and as I started the engine it automatticly gave me an erronious reading. For example, if the fuel tank is full the display will read 55miles vs the 406miles that it normally reads after top off.
Thanks for the help people.
Antonio

Old 11-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Default RE: Fuel consumption reading on computer isn't updating?

In order for it to remain accurate, you have to refill it with a minimum amount of fuel each time you refill the tank. I believe the minimum amount required for it to remain accurate is 6.6 gallons. If you continually top it off with a lesser amount, it will fall out of calibration as it will fail to update. The only way to fix it from here is to reinitialize the system by doing the following.

With key off press and hold the DISP button
Turn ignition to the ACC position while continuing to hold the DISP down
The unit should start to beep within 10 seconds signaling the beginning of the initialization
From there- follow the display on the meter until complete.

Good luck!

J

Old 11-22-2006, 11:09 PM

Thanks for the help Joel, I really appreciate it.
Your instructions were like that of a pro.........I did what you said and the indicator is back to normal however, now Im haveing an issue w/my audio system. This evening as I wnet to start the car I noticed that the radio wouldn't work. It read CODE. I searched the car manuel and I did as it indicated, but after 3 attempts I failed to get it working properly and then it read OFF.
What can I do to get my radio working again?

Old 11-23-2006, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 01_Mont.
... I searched the car manuel and I did as it indicated, but after 3 attempts I failed to get it working properly and then it read OFF.
What can I do to get my radio working again?
I assume that means you do have the radio code for your unit? If not, and you need it... remove the radio valence (2 fasteners screwed up in top of valence)... remove the radio... get serial number on the name plate of radio... call 1-888-MITSU2005 and get the radio code for your unit... apply code & save it somewhere you can find it in the distant future.

Old 11-24-2006, 07:03 AM

The CODE is just the 1st stage of theft protection. Entering the correct radio code will bring the radio back to life. Enter the incorrect code 3 times and you'll enter the 2nd stage of theft protection. Once the display reads OFF, it will no longer even accept any attempted radio code inputs until you reset the radio back to the 1st stage. In order to do that, you must leave the radio on (so that the display reads OFF) for approximately 1 hour. Do NOT do anything to interrupt the power to the radio at this time - which includes starting the vehicle, removing the keys, etc. Once the hour has passed, the display will once again read CODE. From there, you will have another 3 attempts.

Your instructions were like that of a pro
Thats because i AM a pro

J

Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 AM

I want to thank you all gentalman, for all the valiable information in helping me w/the operation of my radio.
I ended up having to call Mitsu.......since the code I had was the wrong one. I called and got the correct code for my radio. All is in good working order now. Once again thank you all.