Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Hi everyone.. 2005 Montero Ltd Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Default Hi everyone.. 2005 Montero Ltd Owner

Hi, everyone I just purchased a 2005 Montero Limited and have been looking around for a place that I can learn more about the vehicle and aftermarket parts available.. I am the 2nd owner and purchased it in Sierra Vista, AZ. I figured there would be no rust on it though recently discovered an area on the roof with rust due to the previous owner using the roof for luggage storage.. little attention to scratches has turned to rusted areas. Though I will be dropping it off at a body shop to fix.. First bit of money investing for rust/paint repair is no good. Also noticed no antenna.. I can still hear the motor running and stopping with the radio power on/off so the mast is broke found a new oem mast on ebay for 45 bux so I'll be fixing that when it arrives.

I have a question about the warranty with these, I found all the original purchase paper work in the glove box and noticed the previous owner purchased a Mitsubishi 10 year bumper to bumper warranty.. Does anyone know if I can use that?

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 PM

I believe the warranty is good, you just may need to pay a small fee to have it changed to your name. I can't imagine it could be more than a hundy.