Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Hi I'm thinking about getting one

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Default Hi I'm thinking about getting one

A very long story short I'm annoying when it comes to what I want to drive.hehe I get bored of what I have cause I can't get it to be the way I want it.
but I think the Montero has just about everything I'm looking for. its Aggressive yet cute....yes I called it cute, AWD and its not to big and its not to small. I'm having a hard time finding one though, at lest one that is AWD 02-03 only....(is it possibly to have a T-case swap done? Now I have test driven one other then the normal things that would take some time to get use to, I think it could use a bit more punch. I probly would have bought it but dealer wouldn't go down.
Plain is dress it up grill-guard, rear light guards, one of those spare tire holders for the hitch. set it on a set of 265-16.(I hear they fit stock? is this true?) and have it panted main body like a candy Violet with black flake, trim black and Rims Violet. the stock ones that look like the emblem.
I also have some more craZy ideas...but I'll save those for another time.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Major-Kagami
I think the Montero has just about everything I'm looking for. its Aggressive yet cute....yes I called it cute, AWD and its not to big and its not to small. I'm having a hard time finding one though, at lest one that is AWD 02-03 only....(is it possibly to have a T-case swap done? Now I have test driven one other then the normal things that would take some time to get use to, I think it could use a bit more punch.
The Montero NP (Gen. III) has an AWD mode, however, you also have the option of running with only rear wheel drive. What is your intended use for the vehicle? Are you purchasing it for a daily driver only? Are you interested in overlanding?

The transfer case on the NP is very reliable with good low end torque. Are you looking for more top end for street driving? If so, you'll want to do a complete engine swap, because the 3.5L does not have top end speed hauling the weight of the Montero. If you're looking for a rig to drive into the backcountry comfortably with the whole family, all your gear, and the dog, then the Montero is fantastic.

Good Luck on your search.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM

yes its just going to be a Daily driver. I like how you suggested the engine swap now I'm not the crazy one to bring it up. I was thinking on finding a cheap one that needs work drop a 3.8 and I'm thinking a single turbo.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM

With said mods., you will certainly improve the NM as a "street" rig.
Have fun.