Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

I replaced 2 times the flywheel after 6.000 miles I want to now the reason

Old 10-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Default I replaced 2 times the flywheel after 6.000 miles I want to now the reason

I replaced the flywheel 2 times I want to now what is reason this broken please help

Last edited by Fernando Pabon; 10-19-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:55 AM

What is your vehicle/engine/transmission? What exactly breaks on the flywheel? Pictures?

Old 10-20-2018, 01:38 AM
Default It crack the flex plate of Mitsubishi Montero limited 4x4 2002

Originally Posted by HunterD View Post
What is your vehicle/engine/transmission? What exactly breaks on the flywheel? Pictures?
it cracked the flywheel the flex plate and started to make a noise a tic tac but when given a gas stop the noise and the mechanic replaced it was cracked he replaced 2 times a ready after 6 .000 millage
The mechanic toll me the reason can be is because the tires are bigger it's ring 20 the regular size are 16 I don't know if that's the problem ,my brother has a Toyota lancruser 4x4 and has big tires and doesn't have that problem help please

Old 10-20-2018, 01:31 PM

Bigger tires will not (or at least should not) cause flex plate to crack. That end of transmission get input that is only what engine can handle. The back end of transmission will output higher torque required by larger tires. The issue with failed flex plate will be due to engine and transmission not being aligned properly. That's why I'm asking what engine you have and what transmission. Is it OEM setup or modified? Does flywheel (flex plate) mounted correctly to the engine? Does transmission case mate properly to the engine or is it just a smidge off? Was flex plate dropped prior to install? Is it a Mitsubishi part or made in China aftermarket "universal fit"? Are there several indexing hoes on the flex plate? We're to right ones used?
Again - better description of your vehicle and photos of the failure would be helpful.