Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero Sport Lx P0705 Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Default Montero Sport Lx P0705 Code

I'm getting a P0705 code after changing Cigarette fuse. Everything was working before changing the fuse. Now the transmission only works in 3rd. gear and reverse. No transmission indicator lights work, and check engine light is on, also SRS light is on. No backup lights also. Trans. system seems completely dead. The manual says Trans. fuse is in the under dash fuse box. The location for the fuse is empty , no contacts or fuse? The fuse box cover indicates that it was there. Where is the fuse or fusible link located now? I can't believe it can be a sensor since it was working minutes before. The cigarette sockets still don't work. I have checked all fuses and fusible links I could find, All are OK. I have no wiring diagram or component locations. All connections to transmission seem good. But how to check power locations, or troubleshoot trans. control system. I don't even know where the system components are except for trans. Like I said it seems the system is not getting power. Please help!

Old 07-14-2017, 01:22 AM

I have similar issue with my truck. I am not really sure what to do. I have the code P0705. I replaced the range sensor on the tranny already. I will look at fuses and adjust the shifter cable next. Any other advise is highly appreciated.

Old 08-23-2023, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by johnnycz
I'm getting a P0705 code after changing Cigarette fuse. Everything was working before changing the fuse. Now the transmission only works in 3rd. gear and reverse. No transmission indicator lights work, and check engine light is on, also SRS light is on. No backup lights also. Trans. system seems completely dead. The manual says Trans. fuse is in the under dash fuse box. The location for the fuse is empty , no contacts or fuse? The fuse box cover indicates that it was there. Where is the fuse or fusible link located now? I can't believe it can be a sensor since it was working minutes before. The cigarette sockets still don't work. I have checked all fuses and fusible links I could find, All are OK. I have no wiring diagram or component locations. All connections to transmission seem good. But how to check power locations, or troubleshoot trans. control system. I don't even know where the system components are except for trans. Like I said it seems the system is not getting power. Please help!
Spoiler