Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Default Fuse Confusion

I have an '03 Outlander. My son discovered the fuse box yesterday and I think he may have moved a fuse or even removed one. The diagram in my manual is not detailed enough for me to determine either. The car was running just fine shortly before he found the fuse box. Just a short time later the car would not turn over. Can anyone help? Got a detailed diagram. What are the large fuses just to the left of the main fuse cluster?

Old 04-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Default RE: Fuse Confusion

I am going to assume that there is no longer a map inside the fuse box, or at least a diagram that calls out the specifics of a fuse(15, 30, etc.) If it tells you the location of each fuse by the tolerance of the fuse, that should be able to bail you out. If that doesn't work I can try to send a pic, but mine is an 04- unsure if it's different.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:01 PM

The diagram on the fuse box cover does not necessarily correspond to the actual fuse position. For instance, the diagram indicates that #13 is for the radio. Actually, there is not a fuse in that position but the radio still works.

Can you tell me what the (1) larger black fuse to the left of the main cluster is for? There are 3 other plugins on the same array. I am concerned that my son may have pulled that fuse and plugged it into a different position.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:01 PM

Black? Not a fuse. Its a relay.

My fuse diagram is incorrect as well. I have a foglamp issue i want to resolve in my 05 Lancer, and when I examined my fuse panel and diagram I found out the same thing. Wish I had something solid for ya.

First off, I would start with removing the fuses (not the square, black relays) one at a time and check em. If that doesn't help, I would try one of the spare 10 amp fuses and stick it in each unused slot till your issue is resolved. If infact he took one out and didn't replace it this second method may just get you going, but I would be sure to ask the dealer ASAP what the correct AMP fuse is for that location and ask them why the fuse panel diagram is mislabeled (inquiring owners want to know).