Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

New to group - mayday!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Default New to group - mayday!

Dear friends

As I am new to the group, first of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Marcelo, I live in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil and my brother owns a Montero 3.0 V6 - 1995 (the model is known as Pajero in Brazil).

I have been trying to help him to find suppliers of mechanical spare parts in US. Endeed we found many american distributors thoughout the web, however we are facing two main difficulties:

The first one is that almost all of them do not ship to Brazil;

The second one is that the only distributor which ships to Brazil says that he is not able to order parts with the VIN number supplied. That's because the VIN number of my brother's car is not compatible with VIN numbers of cars sold in US market...

In this very moment, we are specially interested in a Clutch Master Cylinder and a Clutch Release Cylinder (and/or the repair kits).

We would very much appreciate if you could help us pointing a way (if any) of purchasing such parts in US. Any help would be welcome! (how to solve the VIN problem, part numbers,alternative distributors, etc...)

Of course we could purchase genuine parts here from our local Mitsubish dealer, but the price is huge...OEM parts would be much better...

Also, I would like to know if there are workshop manuals and part catalogs available for the Montero 3.0 V6 - 1995 in the internet, for free download.

Thank you very much

Marcelo

Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned
Default RE: New to group - mayday!

Welcome!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 PM

welcome some of the montero guys should be able to help you out!

Old 10-14-2006, 08:34 PM

In most instances, the US models are 1 year older than those sold in rest of the world. That means our 1995 model is actually released in 1994 outside the US. I'm not sure about Brazil. Additionally, there are 3 trim models for that generation Montero. There's the base model, the LS model and the SR model. You'rs will be most like the Base or LS models. The SR's came with 3.5L DOHC engines, a rear locking differential and other accessories.

Is your engine the 3.0L SOHC model or the DOHC model?

Find someone in the US w/ as close as possible a manufacturing date as yours and use their vin. The vin doesn't tell the dealer everything about the vehicle either so they only use it to get a baseline vehicle then ask you questions after that.

Not sure which dealers would willing to help you though.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 PM

Thank you guys! Off roader, I'll be checking the motor spec out...
The idea on the VIN is a great one. As soon as I have my brother's car correct specs I will post a message asking who has as close as possible mfg date...
Thank you all again!

Marcelo.