Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

oil leak under exhaust manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Default 01 Montero Sport Oil leak

Originally Posted by sloopjoshc
hey guys figured out the grinding bit, but im leaking oil under the passenger side exhaust manifold. do i just need to pop it off and change the seal or is something that requires a lot more work? i dont mind pulling things off to get to seals, but i just wanted to know if anyone might have had the same problem and possibly know where the leak could be coming from. i thought i was just using a lot of oil, but turns out when i crawled under and pulled the skid plate off it was full of oil! please help i dont want to get screwed at the shop! thanks again! I love this forum
Had this same problem as well as oil on the alternator. Replaced the passenger side valve cover gasket, the rear cam seals on passenger and driver, and still get oil on the alternator as if the oil is coming from the front of the engine somewhere. Before I changed the rear cam seals, I was reading and found a post about a front cam seal which is changed when the timing belt is done.

I have not done the timing belt yet, but do have the service manual and it does not mention the replacement of a front cam seal. However, I did find in the manual how to do this.

Last edited by wrkrbee; 10-16-2010 at 01:47 PM.