Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Default opinion

I rotated my tires but now my truck was pulling to the right side i check air pressure and my right tire was 32 (air pressure) and the left one 50 something both front tires ok i made the air pressure on both even but now its pulling me to the left do i need a alignment or i have a air issue on the tires

Montero sport 2002 3.5

I would like your opinion and your tire air pressure thanks in advance

Old 06-01-2014, 02:27 PM

you have uneven tyre wear. Until they wear in to their new place, this will happen.
Wheel alignment will help preventing it in future but do sfa now.
50 is way too high. Tyre size/loadings/psessures will be in your manual.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Akzle
you have uneven tyre wear. Until they wear in to their new place, this will happen.
Wheel alignment will help preventing it in future but do sfa now.
50 is way too high. Tyre size/loadings/psessures will be in your manual.
I had 50 in one tire cuz i took the tire to get patch and the guy put that much air in i normally keep the front tires 34 and rear 32

Old 06-03-2014, 09:33 AM

Never trust a tire shop to put in the proper amount of air into your tires. Check it yourself after you get your truck back every time.
When i have to have a tire patched by a shop, i stand over them to make sure they do not use air wrenches to tighten lug nuts. I don't really care if they are in a hurry to get to a next vehicle - mine needs to be done right...

Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by HunterD
...to make sure they do not use air wrenches to tighten lug nuts. I don't really care if they are in a hurry to get to a next vehicle - mine needs to be done right...
this. If they dont use a torque wrench, i dont go back.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 PM

there is nothing wrong with using an impact gun to tighten lugs

seriously, who has time to use a torque wrench on every single lug... i dont operate a shop and still dont have this kinda time

perhaps akzle has all the time in the world

Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 PM

time is the only thing you do have son. How you choose to use/waste it is up to you.
And yes. There are many things wrong with using an impact wrench to tighten fasteners against tensile threads. But carry on in your ignorance. Please.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:31 PM

There IS A REASON why even wheel lugs have a specified tightening torque. If you don't do it right (too loose) you may end up with a wheel coming off while driving (seen it happen to other people). There is a danger if you over tighten them too. This results in stripped or broken lug bolts. Over time the lug bolts will weaken if you over tighten them all the time. What I think is even worth is when you get a flat on the road and you can't take of the busted wheel and put on your perfectly good spare to get you home. Why? Because some nutcase used his high powered air wrench to install your wheels. I have had a case when I had to use a 6 foot pipe on the end of the lug wrench in order to break loose the lug nuts. Please don't tell me that it is OK.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:32 PM

I understand your concern for torque apecs but yu must understand that torque wrenches are not always 100 percent accurate.... And most shops and dealerships will use an impact gun because its faster and they have other jobs to get too... Reason they over torque them is so the wheel doesnt fall off and you sue them for having an accident..... They do habe to cover their ***... Juss sayin

Old 06-03-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by bumpn
Juss sayin
yeah, that's mostly the problem with you...

Originally Posted by bumpn
I understand your concern for torque apecs but yu must understand that torque wrenches are not always 100 percent accurate.... And most shops and dealerships will use an impact gun because its faster and they have other jobs to get too...
and as said, i'd never let a shop like that near my car. but hey, it's only you and your family's safety.
<90% accurate is good enough (and i wouldn't expect a wrench to go out by more than 10% at very worst) (and a good shop will have their wrenches calibrated regularly)

90% is a damn sight better than "hammer the **** on"

Quick Reply: opinion