Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Problem with '00 MS-LS internal lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Problem with '00 MS-LS internal lighting

Simple things first. Crawl under your dash and take a look at the wiring around your brake pedal. Maybe it is rubbing against some wiring? Easy to check, so I would start there first.

BTW, there are no indicator lights telling you if you have light bulbs burned out. You just need to do a visual check periodically.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Default RE: Problem with '00 MS-LS internal lighting

ORIGINAL: Winshawn

Simple things first. Crawl under your dash and take a look at the wiring around your brake pedal. Maybe it is rubbing against some wiring? Easy to check, so I would start there first.

BTW, there are no indicator lights telling you if you have light bulbs burned out. You just need to do a visual check periodically.
Ahh, I just thought my bulb indicator was crapped out, glad to be informed otherwise. At least I now know I need to check them myself and stop looking to the dashboard for the info.

I will definitely check around the brake pedal to see if there is any wire rub going on. I'll check around the back hatch also. I am not sure where else there might be any rub going on.