Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

really need help here, 1998 montero sport multi issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Default really need help here, 1998 montero sport multi issues

hi, first off i put a used battery in my sport that just came off the charger, when i put the positive cable on the battery it sparked and crackled but not really big sparks like from reversing the cables which i didn't do. when I turned the key to start the windshield wipers came on but the switch was off . They were moving very slow and the windows when tried also moved very slow. It wouldn't start , like the battery was dead, had to jump it . Then it wouldn't run steady, it acted like it had a firing order issue, bogged down when pushing on the gas pedal. Stalled when anything was turned on. I pulled the positive cable off the battery while running and it died. So, thinking it was a bad alternator I replaced it with a new one. Original not a cheap one. The problem remained. The 100a fuse was blown too. the srs light is on. I replaced that and still no joy. I've checked the grounds and cleaned them up. I'm at my wits ends here. I have to pull the cables off the battery after starting it, it will then run, not good but better. I turn anything on while driving electrical , or hit the brakes it usually stalls. The old alternator i took back to the store for my core fee and I had them test it, it came back as good, so I didn't need to replace it, 160 bucks down the drain. So folks, I'm without a ride, broke and homeless in a week, any ideas here?