Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

So Why Don't You Have A Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 06:18 PM

Hey all, I'm Bill. Retired combat military. I have a 2003 Montero Limited. Great rig but is has some issues. I'm new to the forum and feel way behind. I got the only manual I could find, it's the Pajero manual. Any leads on any real good CHEAP PDF downloads on a good manual would be appreciated. Also if anyone can give me ideas on a problem I'm having that would be great. It's the V6 3.8 6G75. It runs like a top unill it gets to operating temp. then it intermmitently stumbles. Usually at idle but not always. Sometimes it catches it's self and smooths right out. Sometimes it stalls but it fires right back up. Ive replaced the timing belt, pullys and tensioner as well as the water pump [cause it was apart and I was there]. the intire intake manifold set with a brand new one {sucked a couple butterflies and was throwing lean code errors because the plastic seals at the butterflie rod was sucking air bad]. Plugs, wires and coils. I'm leaning towards the camshaft position sensor bbut theres no way of checking it
, that Im aware of, without an O scope. Plus when I look at replacement part it doesn't look like whats on it. Please any help, ideas or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. And if anyone can point me in the direction of a list of the most common issues or even the correct tread to be looking at THANK YOU.

Old 06-20-2022, 10:33 PM

Greetings All. I’ve been doing some solid work on my 2001 Limited using YouTube and FSM’s for other years.
Now, I need the FSM for the 2001 Montero Limited. Can anyone PM a copy or point to reliable links?? Thanks for your help.