Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2011 models: How do I change certain settings if I don't have MMCS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Default 2011 models: How do I change certain settings if I don't have MMCS?

Does anyone here know how to change small things in the car like changing the number of turn-signal flashes when you move the signal lever a little to the left or right, and other minor things like that? Many of these are apparently changeable if you have the MMCS/Navigation system but I don't have it. The manual says to take it to the dealer, but I don't want to drive 30 miles whenever I feel like changing a small feature (or changing it back later if I don't like it). I'd think it should be fairly easy to change, if they have an interface to it through MMCS, we should be able to get to it somehow (USB comes to mind).

Is there a service manual or something similar that has details about it? I have a 2011 Outlander Sport, but I think the comfort features and electronics in this and a regular Outlander should be quite similar.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:37 AM

Sorry guy. Dealer is your only option. The MMCS interfaces through special harnesses at the back of the radio, and only other way to change those things is by using the OBD port and Mitsu's really expensive dealer software.

I'd like to know, does the MMCS allow you to have the car automatically lock the doors when you start driving?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by firstorbit84
Sorry guy. Dealer is your only option. The MMCS interfaces through special harnesses at the back of the radio, and only other way to change those things is by using the OBD port and Mitsu's really expensive dealer software.

I'd like to know, does the MMCS allow you to have the car automatically lock the doors when you start driving?

I've had the '11 Outlander Sport a few months now. I went through the MMCS in depth once, but didn't find that option. I like the option of having the doors auto-lock, especially when entering the city... If I go through it again and find different results, I'll repost; however, I don't think it's an option...

Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM

I don't have MMCS in my 08 Outlander and about the only thing I could change by myself was to flash the lights and sound the horn when locking the car with the remote. By default from the factory only the lights flashed when locking.

I also wanted the doors to lock automatically when put in drive, but no where in the manual does it show where it can be done.