Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

starting problem - scanner wont connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Default starting problem - scanner wont connect

01 US model Monty Ltd
Petrol

So I have been having this strange starting problem. Searching forums now.

Started that it would not start when it was cold outside but the engine was warmed up. I would have to wait up to an hour then it would start again. It was almost as if it was starved for fuel. Just happened a moment ago with cold engine. My check engine light is blown(just figured this out watching the lamp check) Tried to connect the scan tool. It gets power from the OBD jack but the tool cant connect to the ECU. I watch the lights on the USB side going nutty and on the OBD side it transmits and gets no reply. I am also (though I believe unrelated) having intermittent fault with the blinky CDL light. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Though it seems better when its cold out. I just replaced the TPS due to having the collective issues (starting issues, surging when driving, sluggish response)that point this way.
?'s
1.Anyone have this type of issue or thought?
2. where is the OBD fuse located

Old 02-15-2015, 06:29 AM

Try taking the bulb out of something that is rarely used like Drive Low and switch it with the Service engine soon bulb or replace the bulb. The fuse should be in the fuse box under the hood but I never had that problem before...
The scanner always worked for me...

Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Default codes

Finally got the codes out
P0340 - CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
P0400 - EGR LOW FLOW
P0421 - CATAYLTIC CONVERTOR
P0431 - CATALYTIC CONVERTOR

I bought a new camshaft position sensor and cant for the life of me figure out how to get the old one out and the new one in. Its an awkward spot and the new one has two screw holes and I can only feel one on the old one and i cant get in there to see. Just feeling around. Anyone swapped out this sensor on this model before? TIPS?????