Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Still not running....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Default Still not running....

So, truck is still not running. https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ed-help-47244/

Replaced the following; MPI Relay( twice, just to make sure), ECU, distributor, plug wires, fuel filter. Trouble shot the MPI system Part 1 -Testing the Power Transistor, Ignition Coil, and Crank Sensor and still can't figure it out. Bypassed the ignition switch by jumping wires to rule it out. Still for some reason voltage is dropping to around 8 volts on the fuel system after ignition is turned on. My thinking is because the computer is cutting the ground because it isn't receiving the 12v pulse from the ignition system to keep it going, which I read it will do. I took it into a shop today to see if they might be able to find the issue. Could be a few possible reasons: bad wire somewhere, timing belt jumped a gear, and or gremlin/gremlins. I've already sunk about $1k into this. Thinking about putting a carbed engine in if I can't find the reason or pulling the wiring harness and testing and replacing all the wires.