Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

very important to pajero owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Bin
Lightbulb very important to pajero owners

Dear all i would like to share my experience with you as this site helped me a lot

my problem started when the transmission box started flashing orange after driving my pajero for 20 minutes on the 2d,then it is stucked and cannot switched to 4d, the problem will go just after restarting the engine, alot told me it was the 2d sensors and changing it will cost a lot, i ignored the problem then it starts a grinding noise from the transmission ended up with a click, one of the guys here asked me to clean the vaccume valve located under the airfilter I did follow his advice and cleaned it, amazingly no more grinding noise and even the flashing light gone too then all the issues resolved.

it was just cleaning the vaccume valve. i thought i will share this as it is a common problem here.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM

Thank you...

Can you tell me bit more how did you cleaned it?

I have vacuum solenoid issues...I have replaced it...but still there...
It ahppens all the time...at 85km/h up hill,,,it makes grinding kind of noise...
I was told it was vaccum solenoid trying to pull to 4wd...but I am was 2wd...at first...I ignored it...but recently I tried it with 4wd...that grinding noise is still there...
Can you advise what you actually did?