Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Where to begin?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Default Where to begin?

First off I have to start out saying no I haven't lost my mind.. you will start to wonder as you read this. lol

I bought a 1998 Montero while living in Puerto Rico. I LOVE my Monty and when I moved back to the States I shipped it back too. However, the 1998 Montero was sold in PR with a 96 engine.. the 3.0. Try explaining that to your mechanic.. mine just can't get it and has ordered the wrong parts TWICE now and had to modify to fit... um hello! Just order the CORRECT parts! Anywho, I am currently trying to get an estimate together as the shipping company, while unloading Monty off the boat, but the passenger window down and couldn't figure out how to put it up! They hit the child lock button when they rolled the window down and instead of being smart enough to figure it out they left it down, in Florida ,for a week while it rained daily. Needless to say when I picked Monty up and they brought him around the window was down and there was approx 3" of water INSIDE!!!!! Most of the water was on the passenger side but now I am trying to get an estimate together to submit the claim but every mechanic ( including my own) and dealership want about $1000 and to keep him for 2 weeks to tear him apart and see whats up. Um, NOT AN OPTION! The time is whatever but the claims department will not cover the expense of the estimate. I have a rough idea of what needs to be addressed but am stuck on the security system and radio. Lord knows these items are hard to find and to find them new is dang near impossible. Anyone have any thoughts? I would GREATLY appreciate it!